Modern garden furniture trends 2021 is one of the key elements of the personal plot, terrace, cottage and private house. What trends in garden furniture can designers offer in 2021 and what kind of material is best to choose for the execution of fashion trends and design novelties?
- 1 Popular materials for the manufacture of garden furniture trends 2021
- 2 Garden furniture trends 2021
- 3 Popular trends in garden furniture
Popular materials for the manufacture of garden furniture trends 2021
At the peak of popularity are natural materials and their imitations. In particular, owners of private houses and summer cottages should consider these options for materials this season:
- Plastic furniture. It not only happens in different colors and shades, but also is made according to the canons of fashion trends – in imitation of rattan, stone, natural wood, metal and antiques. This is a good budget option for those who want to equip the cottage at the last call of design trends, but with minimal cost. Such practical and comfortable furniture can decorate any landscape.
- Tree. Classics – eco-friendly, beautiful and aesthetic. Garden products are usually made from coniferous or deciduous wood. Such furniture is durable, practical, but may be vulnerable to moisture. In order to avoid unpleasant consequences, the furniture is subjected to high-quality multi-stage processing: impregnation, staining or varnishing. Wooden garden furniture can be bought in any desired shades, however, the price of such a product is quite high.
- Wicker furniture made of bamboo, cane and rattan. Classic natural material for the manufacture of garden furniture, which is at the peak of popularity in recent years, and 2021 is no exception. Products from such materials are elegant, beautiful and weightless, perfectly fit into any landscape. This is one of the most aesthetic decorations of the garden. However, the period of operation of such furniture is small, it is short-lived, easily deteriorates. Also, without a special coating, rattan, bamboo and reeds lose their color and deform under the influence of sunlight and moisture. It is undesirable to wash such furniture, and in the rainy period you can store products only in warm rooms.
- Forged metal. Refined and beautiful, it looks expensive, stylish and sophisticated. In addition, this is a real hit of 2021 in the production of garden furniture! Forged metal products will undoubtedly decorate the site and become a real highlight of landscape design, especially in combination with artificial ponds and alpine slides. The disadvantages of this material include only the large weight of the forged metal garden furniture and the susceptibility to corrosion without proper care and reliable coating.
- A stone. Durable and durable material for centuries. Stone products are original, monumental and always in fashion. They look expensive, beautiful and chic. In addition, the stone is completely insensitive to solar radiation and humidity, not susceptible to corrosion and drying out. The only drawback of stone garden furniture is the high price.
When choosing material for garden furniture, it is important to evaluate all the pros and cons of options, to take into account the style and landscape features of the garden plot or private house.
TOP 12 Garden Furniture Trends 2022
Garden furniture trends 2021
This year is distinguished by striking, but at the same time classic trends in the production of garden furniture. In 2021, designers are advised to pay attention to the following points:
The previously popular green, beige and brown shades lose their popularity when it comes to garden furniture. Now gardening products are becoming the most striking accent in landscape design, unusually standing out from the garden or lawn.
Modern garden furniture should not merge with the general landscape. If your furniture is muted in shades and has a calm color scheme, you can add bright nuances to the design of garden products in the form of unusual pillows, beautiful mattresses, extraordinary textile elements. Also, you can paint the furniture in new rich colors, using coloring materials with increased resistance to fading in the sun and an ultraviolet filter.
Classic shapes and precise lines
The most fashionable trend of 2021 is garden furniture with precise and strict forms. Cuboid tables, classic rectangular chairs and sofas are more fashionable than ever. The flip side of this trend is the fashion for smooth and rounded shapes.
Although the trends of the season contradict each other, they provide a wide selection of garden furniture to owners of summer cottages and houses.
Forged furniture as a trend of the season
Garden products such as forged furniture are a true classic in the manufacture of garden furniture. Metal forging is reliable, resistant to any weather conditions, openwork, durable, wear-resistant and very elegant. Such furniture in various shapes and patterns has been popular for many years and will not leave the ranks of trends for a long time to come. Such furniture will remain relevant after decades.
Garden furniture is like living room furniture.
Another interesting trend of this year is that garden furniture in its design imitates living room furniture. To create it, materials that are resistant to external influences are used. At the same time, the design allows it to be used both outdoors and indoors.
An example is the furniture of the Minotti factory. She created a collection that included sofas, armchairs, tables, tables, chairs. The peculiarity of the models is that they can be used under an open sky. For this, a soft tissue that was resistant to sunlight and moisture was selected. The basis is iroko wood, which is durable. To facilitate the care of products, the entire upholstery is removable.
Recommendations for choosing garden furniture
Before buying, you need to decide what is more important to focus on: the furniture itself or the beauty of nature. If nature needs to be emphasized, then it is worth taking a closer look at inconspicuous furniture, in calm colors.
Kit or individual items. There are many sets on the market, you can make a set to order, you can choose a set of different models by yourself.
Mobile or landline. Heavy oak tables with massive benches will be difficult to move without assistance. It is relevant for terraces with awnings, if you do not plan to hide it for the winter. In order to make it mobile, you can equip it with wheels.
Another thing is light plastic models, they are easy to carry, but it does not look so presentable. Although, now there is such plastic furniture that in quality and design it is not inferior to other materials.
Popular trends in garden furniture
Today Garden furniture can be not only attractive, comfortable, but also exclusive, and the variety of fabrics and other accessories for garden design is as affordable and plentiful as for home interiors.
Traditionally, no garden or summer cottage is complete without a standard set of furniture:
- tables and chairs ;
- deck chair or cozy garden chairs ;
- Hammock garden swing;
This list can be continued to your liking, finding all new ideas for arrangement. However, one cannot but pay attention to the materials from which the furniture is made. In addition, emphasizing the general style of landscape design, different materials create a different mood and atmosphere.
Made from natural materials, eco-friendly garden furniture is always in fashion, thanks to the aesthetic appearance and the atmosphere of comfort, which is filled with such an atmosphere.
Wicker furniture made of twigs makes it possible to achieve convenient streamlined shapes that look very stylish. Items made from rattan are not afraid of rain, sunlight and are great for outdoor use. Wooden furniture can also be safely operated in such conditions if its surfaces are treated with a water-repellent and varnished.
By purchasing such tables and chairs, you can be absolutely sure that they will last at least a dozen years, of course, if you do not want to change the situation earlier.
Metal furniture in the garden area looks no less organic, and its main advantage is durability and reliability. Even after many years, she will not lose her attractiveness. To create a garden plot of your dreams, you can choose metal furniture of various designs.
Forged garden furniture made of cast aluminum looks incredibly attractive and elegant, which is why it is so popular. Connoisseurs of exquisite design elements can purchase original products that will become a genuine decoration of the landscape. No less interesting is the combined furniture that effectively combines metal and wood, glass or textile.
You can equip a garden plot in different styles – the choice is only yours.