The kitchen has long ceased to be a room designed exclusively for cooking. The modern kitchen is a multifunctional space designed according to interior trends. It is she who is the true “heart of the house”, where households spend the most time relaxing, communicating, having fun and simultaneously doing their daily household chores. From year to year, interior design trends for kitchen areas mix, transform and penetrate into different areas of their arrangement, making the kitchen more comfortable, ergonomic, but at the same time stylish and relevant.
Of course, you will not find the ideal formula for creating the best kitchen design anywhere. And all because the concept of each of them is unique and adapts to the lifestyle, habits and worldview of each particular family. But in this article, we can still identify a few basic trends in kitchen interior design in 2024, which may inspire our readers and add fresh ideas to them.
- 1 Rules for organizing space in the kitchen 2024
- 2 Fashionable styles of kitchen interior design 2024
- 3 Color trends for decorating the kitchen
- 4 Kitchen trends 2024 in the choice of finishing materials
- 5 Kitchen storage ideas
- 6 Kitchen Furniture Design Trends
- 7 Integrated smart home appliances trend 2024
- 8 Plumbing trends for kitchen in 2024
- 9 Lighting as part of the kitchen interior
- 10 Decor and accessories designer kitchen 2024
Rules for organizing space in the kitchen 2024
In the new season, the convenient layout of the kitchen space comes to the fore, subordinated to the basic principles of an ergonomic kitchen. According to them, maintaining the correct distances between each element of the working triangle (sink, stove and refrigerator) should not exceed 2-2.5 meters. Thanks to the observance of these proportions, the kitchen set with all the necessary equipment will be located in such a way as to make the cooking process as easy, comfortable and fast as possible.
In general, the rule of unity continues to reign in the kitchen space: spacious studio kitchens, combined kitchen-living rooms and open-plan rooms that perform different functions.
Among the trends in the formation of a united space are:
- The introduction of kitchen islandsseparating the kitchen from the recreation area. The trend that came to us from America is quickly gaining popularity, because a spacious kitchen island not only looks trendy, but also serves as an additional work area and storage space. Just keep in mind that such an overall element will look appropriate only in rooms with an area of 20 sq.m.
- U-shaped kitchen set, with another countertop, used to look like a kitchen with a breakfast bar, but today it has acquired a more restrained look of a minimalist breakfast area. It is a compromise that is successfully used in the interiors of small kitchens. An additional counter 1-1.5 meters long serves as a part separating the kitchen and dining room, as well as an additional working area for cooking.
- For any apartment, whether it is a modern kitchen-studio in a new building or a redesigned standard room, a linear layout is suitable: kitchen-dining-living room. This arrangement of all components allows you to clearly delimit all zones and create a cozy space for spending time together. For additional zoning, sliding structures of glass and mirror partitions or wooden slats can be used.
Fashionable styles of kitchen interior design 2024
To build a harmonious interior, it is recommended to follow the general rules of the interior design style you like. In the new season, you should focus your eyes on the following kitchen design styles 2024:
1. Classic vs Neoclassic
Classic style is the most traditional style of design that never goes out of fashion, it carries centuries-old traditions the best from different eras, concentrated in interior elements. At all times there are fans of this style, it looks appropriate and luxurious in spacious kitchens, represented by warm noble shades and exquisite decorative elements.
The modern rival of classicism is the reinterpreted neoclassic. This is one of the most popular kitchen design styles today. Having a solid foundation of classical rules, neoclassic looks advantageous in view of the conciseness of the lines, calm colors and its overall charm.
Modern styles: minimalism, eco and high-tech
Among modern styles, three main areas fell into kitchen design trends in 2024:
Famous for its restraint, simplicity and asceticism, this style has firmly entered the list of current trends. It is suitable for both spacious open-plan rooms and small-sized kitchens. It assumes the most concise designs, verified proportions, the absence of unnecessary details and visual noise, neutral color solutions and functional content.
3. Eco style
This year, designers predict the popularity of an ecological style that promotes the use of natural materials and natural shades in the interior and decoration of a trendy kitchen.
4. High tech
One of the futuristic styles, the basis of which is an emphasis on modern, rapidly developing technologies. The severity and consistency of style is reflected in the monochrome white-gray-black colors, glossy surfaces, and laconic decor. Well suited for decorating spacious kitchen interiors in a private house of appropriate architecture and exterior.
Democratic and cozy Scandi style has dominated among the interior design trends of many kitchens around the world for several years. This direction is distinguished by an abundance of light shades in decoration and materials, open storage systems, an abundance of everyday home decor, successfully played with the right multi-level lighting. Recently, we have already introduced you to the best examples of Scandinavian-style kitchen design.
6. Cozy rustic country
Among those who managed to get tired of trendy cold minimalism, country style is gaining popularity, which has homely rustic motifs. For the kitchen, this style is most relevant, since in the country direction it is not the ideal external interior that comes to the fore, but its function: convenient cooking, properly organized storage of food and utensils, a comfortable place for home gatherings where you can relax. Antique wood, patterned ceramics, upholstered furniture and natural textiles give a special charming atmosphere.
7. New life for retro style
Looking for new ideas for designing a fashionable kitchen in 2024, you can safely turn to the best examples from the recent past. The retro-style kitchen is filled with bright colors, interesting original furniture, colorful elements and eye-catching accessories. In the decoration, you can safely experiment with geometric patterns and hand-made decor.
Kitchen design 2024: The most popular colors, styles, ideas and trends for 2024
Color trends for decorating the kitchen
We have already mentioned more than once that in the last two years after the onset of the global pandemic, familiar interiors are changing towards naturalness and minimalism. Among the color trends, the main direction for restraint and neutrality stands out. There are three main trends in the color design of kitchen interiors:
1. Natural colors
The design is dominated by modest and restrained colors, gravitating towards shades of natural materials. The color palettes common in the surrounding nature will make the interior more relevant than ever. Among the most trending colors are sandy, clay and earthy colors, green vegetal shades, colors of stones and minerals, deep tones of blue and sea turquoise, muted berry and dusty floral colors.
2. The law of the color triad
When choosing color combinations, it is important to remember the three-color scheme. The rule of the triad of colors operates within the framework of one holistic room and involves the use of three shades of the color wheel, which are at an equal distance from each other. Compliance with the correct combination of colors allows, when using several colors, to simultaneously maintain the color balance and not visually overload the room.
3. Introduction of color blocking
Color blocking is a new word in the design of fashionable modern interiors. This is another working tool for lovers of bright accents. Thanks to the use of color blocking, designers have the opportunity to zone the room using the power of color. In the interior of the kitchen in 2024, you can vertically or horizontally divide the room into parts using furniture facades, wall decoration or textile elements.
Kitchen trends 2024 in the choice of finishing materials
The basis of kitchen design is a competent selection of relevant finishing materials as a basis for building the rest of the interior components. Among the latest trends are bold combinations of classic and new ideas, combinations of textures that clearly reflect individual character.
The appearance of the kitchen apron largely dictates the design of the entire kitchen area. Different options for actual cladding allow you to build a harmonious interior:
- Use of one type of material for a table-top and facing of an apron.
- Porcelain stoneware with imitation of natural stone (marble, onyx, granite, etc.) or solid wood of a large format, which allows you to create seamless kitchen aprons.
- Small-format glazed ceramic tiles for the kitchen in various geometric layouts.
- Patterned working area in patchwork or terrazzo style with tiles or porcelain stoneware of the appropriate design.
- Ceramic tile and porcelain tile with an interesting and bright geometric print.
- Stylish tinted mirror tiles for the kitchen.
- Glass panels for facing the working area.
Kitchen storage ideas
In a practical kitchen, which should be comfortable for the daily life of a family in different circumstances, proper storage organization is very important. The design of a kitchen set equipped with a cabinet system is an important aspect that needs to be taken care of at the furniture design stage. The amount of storage space directly depends on how and with what intensity the operation of the kitchen area is planned for its intended purpose.
We have some tips for organizing rational storage :
- Think of a practical arrangement of shelves of different heights, on which you can easily place dishes and products of different heights and volumes.
- Place convenient sliding or rotating systems in corner cabinets.
- The bottom row of cabinets is more practical to make in the form of pull-out drawers.
- Raise the top row of cabinets to the ceiling, placing an additional third tier in them.
- Use special equipment that saves usable space inside the drawers: pull-out countertops, metal baskets for food, bottle holders, organizers for cutlery, glasses and kitchen utensils.
Kitchen Furniture Design Trends
The furniture that you choose for the future kitchen largely shape the overall visual perception of the entire room. Properly selected elements can emphasize the style and atmosphere of the interior and dilute it with fresh accents.
New trends are also coming to the furniture industry, which can be safely implemented when equipping the kitchen in 2024.
- Cabinets without handles equipped with push-to-open systems become ultra-modern and the easiest to use. With their help, the opening of the drawer comes from a slight pressure on the front.
- Thin and elegant countertops made of durable wear-resistant porcelain stoneware or artificial stone are becoming more and more relevant. The aesthetic qualities of modern materials are not inferior to their functional properties.
- In the dining area, special attention should be paid to the main element the table. Impractical glass tables are being replaced by more classic and solid models made of hardwood.
- At the peak of popularity today, the trend is to use compact soft semichairs with small armrests instead of the usual chairs. Velvet or velor upholstery in various colors plays an important role in turning these pieces of furniture into bright stylish accents.
Integrated smart home appliances trend 2024
Futurism continues to actively penetrate into the design of modern interiors and where, no matter how in the kitchen, it can be noticed in the first place. After all, technological devices have long become an integral part of the process of storing and preparing food.
Today, any kitchen that is not equipped with built-in appliances does not look modern. Refrigerators, hoods, dishwashers have long “learned” to hide behind laconic furniture facades.
But consumer electronics companies for the home have gone much further. What about integrated induction hobs that blend into the worktop? Or about the built-in multifunctional universal station for small appliances: toaster, mixer, blender and others. No more tangled wires. Programmable “smart” appliances are equipped with a wide range of options and can greatly simplify the process of cooking and cleaning. The technologies of the future are already quite affordable today and are becoming stylish kitchen helpers, perfectly fitting into trendy minimalist interiors.
Plumbing trends for kitchen in 2024
One of the key elements of any kitchen is the sink area. Kitchen plumbing does not undergo drastic changes, but still, new developments by manufacturers allow you to choose from a fairly wide range of products products that are most suitable for popular designs of modern kitchens.
Kitchen sinks should be chosen according to the principle of fusion or contrast. That is, the product should either practically merge with the countertop, echoing in color and texture, or vice versa stand out, playing the role of a bright noticeable element.
The most relevant this season are sinks made of artificial stone : practical and durable equipment, which is presented in a variety of shapes and shades.
For lovers of bold decisions, designers recommend paying attention to textured metal sinks made of copper, brass or steel.
Do not forget about the kitchen faucet. There has been a strong trend towards equipping home kitchens with professional faucets with a high spout and a practical retractable watering can. You can also choose a kitchen faucet with spray showers equipped with economical aeration to reduce the amount of water used.
Contactless faucet models equipped with touch sensors appear in the collections of many brands and are in growing demand among buyers. In addition, a completely new format of faucets with a built-in filter for high-quality drinking water purification has appeared on the market.
From the colors of the equipment, different shades of gold, black and white matte products, as well as the usual chrome faucets remain in demand.
Lighting as part of the kitchen interior
Kitchen lighting plays an important role in the interior. This refers to both the general distribution of light and shadow in space, and the play on the lamps themselves as significant decorative elements. Light is important for creating the right atmosphere, it can additionally delimit the areas of the room and emphasize the necessary accents.
One of the main trends in the selection of lighting fixtures is the use of luxurious accent chandeliers above the dining area or kitchen island. This design technique helps to focus on the main part of the room and delimit the common space.
The main light may consist of linear diode, discreet spotlights or profile metal luminaires around the perimeter of the room.
Ball-shaped minimalist lighting fixtures (single or grouped) are used both as a center light and are combined with ensembles with similar sconces and floor lamps to create a deep layered picture of light.
Decor and accessories designer kitchen 2024
Small decor and kitchen accessories complement and emphasize the overall style of the interior design of the kitchen 2024. They act as decor as sets of dishes placed on open shelves.
It can be both laconic monochromatic dishes, as well as glazed, porcelain accent sets imitating clay or stone and made in the actual style. Marbled kitchen utensils look extremely fashionable. These can be cutting boards, hot coasters, or even rolling pins and spatulas.
Living plants in the interiors dilute the atmosphere with freshness and bright colors and continue the eco-trend for naturalness. Look for phyto-elements in the form of arrangements in elegant vases, plants in marble pots, or even mini-gardens for growing micro-greens.
Sink accessories should be combined with plumbing: roof rails, hooks, paper towel holders, etc., it is better to choose colors and materials similar to those with a faucet. And it is better to choose a dispenser for liquid soap from the same collection with a sink.
Using our overview of new trends in kitchen interiors, you will undoubtedly be able to embody the most relevant ideas in your home. Focus on your taste and needs to find the perfect format for the kitchen space, because this is the area where most of your home time will be spent. And it is so important that every time you enjoy comfort and aesthetics. In the Keramis online store you will find a lot of necessary products for kitchen arrangement from leading European manufacturers, made in the most trendy and modern designs.