On the eve of the most cozy and long-awaited holiday by many – the New Year 2024 – we want to touch on the topic of new kitchen trends 2024!
It is no secret that in most families it is the kitchen space that is perceived as a home, a center in which all household members gather. Of course, comfort is very important here! Therefore, the kitchens that will be relevant in 2024 should not lose this quality. Comfort plus the most functional, modern, aesthetic design – that’s the formula for success!
Kitchen 2024-2025 – a design in which you will not see hackneyed patterns. Improvisations, unexpected combinations of fashionable shades, a new reading of the classics – everything here is carefully thought out and rather concise. Ideal for a modern person with an active rhythm of life, isn’t it?
The secrets of creation and the hottest trends in the kitchen 2024-2025 will be revealed in detail below. Enjoy reading!
- 1 Kitchens 2024-2025: what will be fashionable?
- 2 Kitchen furniture 2024 – new trends
- 3 Materials for creating a kitchen 2024: new trends
- 4 Modern kitchen design with photos: 2024-2025 – modern styles
- 5 Trendy kitchen colors 2024
- 6 Kitchen Trends 2024
- 7 Kitchen Backsplash Trends 2024
- 8 Small Kitchen Trends 2024
- 9 Kitchen Cabinet Trends 2024
Kitchens 2024-2025: what will be fashionable?
Kitchen trends in 2024 are so diverse that it will be difficult to single out one thing, the main thing in them. The widest range of modern furniture, appliances, decor adds complexity to the choice. The most correct decision is to choose a style “for yourself”. The one in which the kitchen will please you the most, and reflect your worldview and inspiration. In order to orient you in the difficult fashion world of interior design, we will still single out a few trendy trends.
Fashionable kitchens 2024 for those who prefer minimalist solutions are:
- glossy lacquered facades of the kitchen set in white;
- simplicity of forms.
Such solutions will give the space not only modernity, but also make it visually wider, freer.
If the design of the space in a single white color bothers you a little and makes you want to dilute it with something else, inserting wood – natural or a material that imitates it well – will help maintain the fashionable image of the kitchen. This will make the space “warmer”.
Don’t want to use wood? As an alternative, muted basic shades are perfect – beige, gray, graphite, black.
Such neutral solutions for decorating the facades of a kitchen set are very beneficial. Because if you want to change the interior in the future, they will perfectly fit into any other color schemes. To update, it will be enough just to change the color of the walls and pick up other decorative details.
Another fashionable kitchen trend 2024 proves that the new is the well-forgotten old. If you are a fan of tradition and elegant solutions, take a closer look at the style of the 50s and 60s. Here, against the backdrop of expressive walls, kitchens with celadon azure cabinets will look appropriate. Of course, the technique must be chosen appropriate for such retro aesthetics. Fortunately, modern manufacturers provide this opportunity by releasing atypical retro models that perform all the functions that are typical for the technology of our time.
Also in such kitchens, sets with facades made of dark wood or materials that imitate it will look great. As accessories, metal handles look especially good on them. And countertops “marbled” will satisfy even the most demanding natures.
If the kitchen is small and there is not enough natural light in it (the windows face the north or west side), it is better to choose light-colored facades – white or beige.
A smooth surface, like satin, without handles – this is how the facade of a kitchen set looks like, 100% in line with the fashion of 2024. But this is not their only advantage. Also, such facades at times facilitate the cleaning process, because they are easy to clean.
Trendy kitchens 2024 is a design that suggests that kitchen cabinets will be placed along the entire length of the wall and, as a rule, appliances are built into them. Open shelves on which you can beautifully place glass or porcelain items are a great option for visually facilitating such a design.
Two-tone cabinets, which began to be especially popular in trendy kitchens in 2023, will continue this trend in 2024 and will not leave the must-have list of modern designers’ tricks. What colors will they combine? It is better if these are contrasting solutions. For example, the classic duet of white and black or non-trivial green and blue. And if you dilute them with a kitchen apron with a “marbled” or “concrete-like” finish and a “wood-like” countertop, it will turn out very unusual and acutely relevant!
A kitchen island is another piece of furniture that modern 2024 kitchens include, if space permits. This is not only a functional solution that allows you to increase the work surface or the number of storage spaces, but also practical – the island allows you to hide the mess that sometimes reigns on the headset tabletop from the eyes of guests in the dining / living room area.
Materials for creating a kitchen 2024: new trends
Considering the kitchen trends 2024-2025, it’s safe to say that design is getting more and more exciting every year! The choice of materials surprises and delights! Consider the most popular solutions:
The interior of the kitchen 2024 involves the use of this material in sliding doors. Glass sliding doors will look great with any modern style – from minimalism to neoclassic. The differences are in the type of glass used and the nature of the devitrification.
We are talking about the design of the working area – a kitchen apron and countertops. Marble has firmly entered the TOP of the most popular materials for kitchens, let’s not be afraid of this word, for decades! And in 2024, only an increase in its popularity is expected. The space of exploitation of marble is expanding – the floor, the walls. In one room, you can use several of its varieties at once.
The main advantages of these materials are a high level of practicality, wear resistance. Also great for kitchen aprons and countertops.
Namely, mirror tiles with toning. This material began to appear in the design of kitchens relatively recently, and, most often, it is in luxury interiors in the Art Deco style. The atmosphere here is very cocktail, almost bar.
Kitchen 2024-2025, the interior design of which assumes precisely the geometric layout of such tiles, is also often found in references from modern designers. Laying can be vertical, horizontal or parquet. Distinctive features of glazed tiles are that they are more elongated, glossy and have small bulges around the perimeter.
If the plans are to create a loft-style kitchen, then such tiles will come in handy.
7) The choice of a single or identical material for the design of the countertop and kitchen backsplash
So, the kitchen set will look as harmonious and holistic as possible.
Since naturalness is now in trend, wooden textures in the design of the kitchen are also very relevant. They will fill the space of a modern kitchen with “live” energy. At the same time, the materials that will be used with wood or its imitations in a duet can affect how the space will be perceived. For example, an addition in the form of metal parts will make the atmosphere more rigorous and elegant. And glass is more refined, light and airy.
9) Complex combinations of different materials – perhaps the main trend of fashionable cuisine 2024-2025
Modern ideas, modern design – all this is replete with great variety and wide scope for the manifestation of imagination. Granite, marble, wood of various species, their high-quality imitations, addition of brass or copper elements, glass, stone, concrete, tiles with a variety of ornaments – the number of possible options is limitless.
Modern kitchen design with photos: 2024-2025 – modern styles
Stylish kitchens in 2024 – what are they? Consider the main directions and their characteristic features.
This style is distinguished by originality, naturalness and is very popular with those who love experiments.
The typical techniques used by designers to implement it include:
- no hidden ceiling beams;
- rough wall decoration or exposed brickwork;
- open wires, pipes and other communications;
- the predominance of materials such as metal, wood, glass, stone;
- furniture with an unusual design;
- original decorative details;
- modern appliances;
- the predominance of brown, black, white shades in the design palette.
The modern interpretation of the classics is very popular today, because such kitchens look truly luxurious and innovative.
To bring all this splendor to life, adhere to the following rules:
- think over the lighting system well – there should be as much light as possible;
- use warm shades in the palette;
- place a large glass or crystal chandelier in the center of the ceiling;
- use a lot of textiles made of silk, cotton or linen – curtains, tulle, napkins, tablecloths;
- order furniture, the design of which involves the presence of many curves and rounded outlines;
- choose gold or silver for decoration;
- install, if possible, built-in appliances, leave a minimum in sight;
- do not save – the classic “does not like” this.
Scandi has not lost its popularity for several seasons now, and 2024 will be no exception. This is a great solution for owners of small kitchen spaces, as everything here is concise, functional, and the predominance of light shades helps to visually expand the space.
The main characteristics of the style include:
- practicality and simplicity in everything;
- the predominance of white and other light shades;
- installation of the minimum amount of furniture;
- built-in appliances;
- the presence of decor in very small quantities or its complete absence;
- large window openings covered with laconic blinds or roller blinds;
- built-in lighting fixtures or speakers and performing an accent role.
For fans of French chic, Provence is the dream kitchen of 2024!
Their distinguishing features:
- the space design palette consists of soft pastel colors;
- the predominance of vintage, floral motifs;
- basic finishing materials – brick, wood and ceramics;
- textiles, mosaics, lamps – characteristic decorative details;
- built-in appliances or models in retro design.
The kitchen of 2024, which is designed in a high-tech style, is also found among the references of modern designers quite often.
To create the necessary atmosphere will help:
- innovative household appliances – stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, food processor, etc. It is important that all household appliances are in harmony with each other, combined in color and material;
- shiny surfaces;
- solidity of structures;
- the predominance of glass, metal, plastic;
- lack of wooden elements and decor;
- straight lines;
- well-thought-out lighting system – high-tech kitchens should have a lot of light – both natural and artificial.
Modern kitchens 2024, designed in modern style, are distinguished by maximum functionality, conciseness and practicality.
What is characteristic of them?
- severity of lines;
- use of contrasting colors in the design palette;
- furniture made of wood, equipped with glass and metal parts;
- built-in headset equipment;
- lamps built into the ceiling or furniture;
- both glossy and matte surfaces are acceptable.
Kitchen interior design 2024 in vintage style is suitable for those who love antiques. This style makes the interior as elegant, warm and cozy as possible.
The following details will help in its creation:
- indoor plants – give the space cheerfulness and freshness. Tropical vines look very beautiful. Ornamental cereals, herbs, etc. are also appropriate;
- a calm, unobtrusive design palette – beige, cream, light gray shades for walls, floors, as well as furniture;
- vintage decor;
- equipment in vintage style;
- artificially aged furniture;
- the presence of such useful things as a shelf for spices and canned food in the original design.
Such a kitchen contributes to a peaceful pastime. It’s nice to be nostalgic here.
The kitchen trends 2024-2025 also include country style. This is the epitome of ingenuous charm!
To embody a rustic style that meets all the trends and requirements of 2024, you should take into account such points as:
- well-thought-out arrangement of the work surface, appliances and kitchen island;
- furniture made of recycled wood, the texture of which suggests the visibility of all imperfections, which gives the space a special charm. In preference – dark shades;
- a combination of elements made of wood with bright decorative details;
- the presence of a kitchen island or an accent wall – details that will give the design a unique look;
- the use of such materials, artificial stone, ceramics.
Considering the design of the kitchen 2024, new trends, one cannot but pay attention to such a factor as the color of the kitchen 2024.
Each year, the Pantone Color Institute chooses the color of the year that will be trending for the coming season. So, in the kitchens of 2021, two trendy colors have become fashionable at once – yellow and gray, and in 2022 – the lilac shade of the periwinkle flower.
In addition, other bright colors will burst into the top: dark green, red and pink.
To make such kitchens look harmonious, such exuberant brightness should be calmed by a combination with more neutral colors. Also in the coming season, shades that refer us to nature, white and beige, will retain their popularity.
Kitchen Trends 2024
In 2024, kitchen trends seamlessly blend functionality with style, creating spaces that serve as the heart of the home while reflecting the evolving preferences of homeowners. The kitchen, once a utilitarian space, is now a multifunctional hub where cooking, dining, and socializing converge. Here are the key kitchen trends shaping the year:
- Open and Airy Layouts: Open and airy kitchen layouts continue to dominate in 2024, emphasizing a seamless connection between the kitchen and adjacent living spaces. The removal of walls and barriers enhances the flow of natural light, creating a bright and welcoming atmosphere. Open layouts facilitate easy interaction and make the kitchen a central gathering place for family and friends.
- Integrated Smart Appliances: The integration of smart technology into kitchen appliances is a prominent trend in 2024. Smart refrigerators, ovens, and cooking devices bring convenience and efficiency to the kitchen. Touchless controls, voice activation, and connectivity features allow homeowners to control and monitor kitchen appliances with ease. This trend caters to the tech-savvy lifestyle, making the kitchen a hub of innovation.
- Multifunctional Islands: Kitchen islands take on a multifunctional role in 2024, serving as both a preparation area and a social space. Islands with integrated storage, built-in sinks, and seating options optimize functionality. Some designs even incorporate additional features such as induction cooktops or built-in herb gardens, making the kitchen island a versatile centerpiece.
- Natural and Warm Materials: Embracing a return to nature, kitchen trends in 2024 favor the use of natural and warm materials. Wood, stone, and warm-toned metals contribute to a cozy and inviting ambiance. From wooden cabinetry to stone countertops and brass hardware, these materials add texture and character to the kitchen, creating a harmonious and timeless aesthetic.
- Bold Color Accents: While neutral color palettes remain popular, bold color accents emerge as a trend in 2024. Vibrant hues such as deep blues, emerald greens, and rich reds are introduced through cabinetry, appliances, or statement décor elements. These bold accents add personality and visual interest to the kitchen without overwhelming the overall design.
- Hidden Storage Solutions: Maximizing storage space without sacrificing aesthetics is a key focus in 2024 kitchen trends. Hidden storage solutions, such as pull-out pantry shelves, built-in spice racks, and concealed appliance garages, maintain a clutter-free appearance. This trend reflects a commitment to both organization and a clean, streamlined kitchen design.
In summary, kitchen trends for 2024 celebrate a harmonious blend of functionality and style. From open layouts and smart appliances to multifunctional islands, natural materials, bold color accents, and hidden storage solutions, the trends cater to the diverse needs and preferences of homeowners, transforming kitchens into dynamic and inviting spaces.
Kitchen Backsplash Trends 2024
In 2024, kitchen backsplash trends focus on elevating design with creative finishes that add personality and visual interest to the heart of the home. The kitchen backsplash, once a practical element for protecting walls, has evolved into a statement feature that enhances the overall aesthetic. Here are the key kitchen backsplash trends shaping the year:
- Textured Tiles: Textured tiles take center stage in 2024, introducing depth and dimension to kitchen backsplashes. From three-dimensional patterns to embossed designs, textured tiles create a tactile and visually engaging surface. These tiles add a layer of sophistication and uniqueness, turning the backsplash into a focal point of the kitchen.
- Bold Geometric Patterns: Geometric patterns continue to be a popular choice for kitchen backsplashes in 2024. Bold shapes such as hexagons, chevrons, and herringbone patterns add a modern and dynamic flair to the space. The use of contrasting colors or materials within geometric patterns creates a visually striking effect, contributing to a contemporary design.
- Metallic Finishes: Metallic finishes, including brass, copper, and gold, make a statement in kitchen backsplash trends for 2024. Metallic tiles or accents bring a touch of glamour and sophistication to the kitchen. Whether used as a subtle trim or in larger sections, metallic finishes add a reflective quality that enhances the overall visual appeal.
- Handcrafted and Artisanal Tiles: Embracing a return to craftsmanship, handcrafted and artisanal tiles gain prominence in kitchen backsplash designs. These tiles showcase unique patterns, irregular shapes, and variations in color, adding a sense of authenticity and character. Handcrafted tiles contribute to a personalized and artisanal aesthetic in the kitchen.
- Large-Scale Slabs: Moving away from traditional tile patterns, large-scale slabs become a notable trend in 2024 kitchen backsplashes. Continuous slabs of natural stone, porcelain, or engineered materials create a seamless and sophisticated look. This trend minimizes grout lines, offering a clean and contemporary appearance that complements modern kitchen designs.
- Watercolor-Inspired Tiles: Artistic and watercolor-inspired tiles bring a touch of creativity to kitchen backsplashes in 2024. Soft and blended hues, reminiscent of watercolor paintings, add a subtle and dreamy quality to the space. These tiles introduce an element of artistic expression, transforming the backsplash into a canvas of color and texture.
- Contrasting Materials: Mixing and contrasting materials within the backsplash design is a trend that gains traction in 2024. Combining materials such as ceramic tiles with glass, stone with metal, or matte with glossy finishes creates visual interest. Contrasting materials allow homeowners to play with textures and create a customized backsplash that stands out.
In summary, kitchen backsplash trends for 2024 showcase a departure from traditional designs, emphasizing creativity and individuality. From textured tiles and bold geometric patterns to metallic finishes, handcrafted tiles, large-scale slabs, and watercolor-inspired designs, the trends offer a diverse range of options for homeowners looking to make a statement in their kitchens.
Small Kitchen Trends 2024
In 2024, small kitchen trends prioritize maximizing space without compromising on style and efficiency. As urban living and compact homes become more prevalent, the challenge is to create small kitchens that are not only functional but also visually appealing. Here are the key small kitchen trends shaping the year:
- Smart Storage Solutions: Small kitchens benefit from smart storage solutions that make the most of every inch of available space. Pull-out pantry shelves, corner cabinets with rotating trays, and vertical storage systems help optimize storage. These solutions ensure that utensils, cookware, and pantry items are organized and easily accessible, minimizing clutter.
- Compact and Multifunctional Appliances: Compact and multifunctional appliances cater to the needs of small kitchens in 2024. Space-saving options such as slim refrigerators, combination ovens, and compact dishwashers are designed to fit seamlessly into smaller kitchen layouts. These appliances offer functionality without sacrificing valuable counter or storage space.
- Open Shelving and Minimalist Design: Open shelving and minimalist design principles contribute to the visual openness of small kitchens. Eliminating unnecessary clutter and opting for open shelving instead of closed cabinets create a sense of airiness. Minimalist design focuses on clean lines, neutral colors, and simple aesthetics, making the small kitchen feel more spacious.
- Light and Reflective Surfaces: Light and reflective surfaces are key elements in small kitchen trends for 2024. Light-colored cabinetry, countertops, and backsplashes create a bright and airy atmosphere. Mirrored or glossy finishes on cabinets and appliances reflect light, giving the illusion of a larger space. Adequate lighting, both natural and artificial, further enhances the openness.
- Foldable and Expandable Furniture: Embracing the need for adaptability, small kitchens in 2024 incorporate foldable and expandable furniture. Dining tables with fold-down leaves, collapsible chairs, and retractable countertops provide additional workspace when needed and can be tucked away when not in use. This trend ensures that the kitchen layout remains flexible and functional.
- Vertical Gardens and Herb Walls: Bringing a touch of nature into small kitchens, vertical gardens and herb walls become popular in 2024. Wall-mounted planters or herb racks maximize vertical space, adding a decorative and practical element. Growing herbs or small plants vertically not only contributes to a fresh atmosphere but also serves as a stylish design feature.
- Integrated Seating and Dining Nooks: Small kitchens often lack space for a separate dining area, leading to the integration of seating and dining nooks. Built-in benches with storage underneath, compact tables, and barstools at kitchen islands create functional and stylish eating spaces within the kitchen. This trend promotes a communal and efficient use of the available space.
In summary, small kitchen trends for 2024 focus on thoughtful design solutions that maximize space, enhance functionality, and maintain a stylish aesthetic. From smart storage and compact appliances to open shelving, light surfaces, foldable furniture, vertical gardens, and integrated seating, the trends offer a range of strategies for homeowners to create efficient and visually appealing small kitchens.
Kitchen Cabinet Trends 2024
Kitchen cabinet trends in 2024 showcase innovative designs that prioritize both style and functionality. Cabinets are no longer just utilitarian storage; they play a crucial role in defining the overall aesthetic of the kitchen. From materials and finishes to organizational features, the following trends shape the look and feel of kitchen cabinets in 2024:
- Two-Tone Cabinets: Two-tone cabinets add a contemporary and dynamic element to kitchen designs in 2024. Combining different colors or finishes for upper and lower cabinets creates visual interest and breaks up the monotony. Popular combinations include contrasting neutrals, such as a light upper cabinet paired with a darker lower cabinet, or a mix of matte and glossy finishes.
- Textured Cabinet Finishes: Textured cabinet finishes gain prominence, introducing depth and character to kitchen designs. Matte finishes with a tactile quality, embossed patterns, or distressed textures add a touch of luxury and sophistication. Textured cabinet finishes provide a subtle contrast to smooth surfaces, contributing to a layered and visually appealing kitchen.
- Frameless Cabinet Construction: Frameless cabinet construction, also known as full-overlay or European-style cabinets, continues to be a notable trend in 2024. This design style eliminates the face frame, allowing cabinet doors and drawers to cover the entire front surface. The result is a sleek and seamless look that maximizes storage space and offers a modern aesthetic.
- Open Shelving Integration: Open shelving integrated with traditional cabinets is a trend that strikes a balance between practicality and style. Incorporating open shelves into cabinetry allows homeowners to display curated items, such as cookware, dishes, or decorative pieces. This trend adds a sense of openness to the kitchen while maintaining essential storage.
- Hidden Appliances and Concealed Storage: Concealing appliances behind cabinet panels and creating hidden storage solutions is a trend focused on achieving a streamlined and cohesive look. Refrigerators, dishwashers, and even microwaves can be integrated seamlessly into cabinetry, maintaining a clean and uncluttered appearance. Concealed storage solutions, such as pull-out pantries or appliance garages, further contribute to a tidy kitchen.
- Customizable Interior Organization: The interior organization of cabinets takes center stage in 2024, with a focus on customizable solutions. Adjustable shelving, pull-out trays, and modular inserts allow homeowners to tailor cabinet interiors to their specific needs. Customizable organization ensures that every inch of cabinet space is utilized efficiently.
- Sustainable Cabinet Materials: Sustainability remains a driving force in kitchen cabinet trends for 2024. Homeowners are increasingly opting for cabinets crafted from sustainable and eco-friendly materials. Bamboo, reclaimed wood, and recycled materials contribute to environmentally conscious choices in cabinetry. Sustainable finishes and manufacturing processes align with the broader movement towards green design.
- Mix of Materials and Finishes: Mixing materials and finishes within the same kitchen becomes a trend that adds visual interest and depth. Combining wood with metal, glass with matte surfaces, or incorporating unexpected materials like concrete or leather creates a diverse and eclectic look. This trend allows homeowners to personalize their kitchen with a unique blend of textures and finishes.
In summary, kitchen cabinet trends for 2024 celebrate innovation and versatility. From two-tone cabinets and textured finishes to frameless construction, open shelving integration, hidden appliances, customizable organization, sustainable materials, and a mix of materials and finishes, the trends offer a range of options for homeowners to create kitchens that are both stylish and highly functional.