Popular trends are present in different areas. At annual exhibitions, designers present new items, the most popular interiors, colors and ornaments. Did you know that flooring also has fashion trends? With the help of our review, you will find out latest flooring trends 2023 and what material to choose for finishing, taking into account the surrounding interior.
- 1 Top 5 Flooring Trends 2023
- 2 Flooring trends 2023 by type
- 3 Flooring trends 2023 by room
- 4 Actual floor colors 2023
- 5 Actual patterns (motifs) of the floor
- 6 Actual floor textures
Top 5 Flooring Trends 2023
We invite you to take a look at our latest flooring designs. Interesting solutions will help beat the room to your liking. When choosing the right style, consider the following factors:
- space planning and zoning;
- selection of furniture, lighting and finishing materials;
- choice of textiles – furniture upholstery, curtains and carpets.
All this influences the choice of a suitable floor covering. Pay attention to the following trends.
Wooden floors are back in trend. The surface of solid wood is beautiful, practical and convenient. Massive board, which has a pronounced texture, is especially popular. Rustic floor looks fashionable. Wavy and uneven boards are relevant, which will perfectly fit into a cozy interior.
Different floor coverings are the ideal solution for multifunctional spaces. You can choose such solutions to highlight individual zones. Part of the floor can be tiled, the rest parquet or boards. The combination of two materials looks original. The trend is combinations of parquet and ceramic tiles, as well as wood and natural stone. Two types of flooring allow you to separate areas in the kitchen-dining room. For the area with a dining set, use a dark shade of wood, and for the work area – light coatings.
Ergonomic tiled flooring is perfect for kitchens, hallways, hallways and bathrooms. Ceramic tiles are distinguished not only by functional advantages, but also by an extensive selection of shades and configurations. Unusual options will allow you to experiment with interiors.
For decoration, choose tiles with imitation leather, wood or stone floors. Geometric ornaments made of bright tiles of 2-3 shades look stylish.
Fashion trends include large patterns. You can pick up ready-made solutions or create patterns using tiles in several colors. For living spaces, choose wood-effect tiles. This will create a more comfortable interior.
Parquet is one of the most aristocratic and expensive flooring options. There are several ways to lay parquet.
Classic French and traditional Christmas trees are popular. The classic version is parquet elements of different shades. This floor looks respectable, original and rich.
For painting floor surfaces, a large selection of patterns and shades is provided. This will allow you to quickly update the floor. You can choose from these options:
- Artificially aged floor coverings.
- The combination of a bright floor with neutral walls. The floor surface is painted with rich yellow or dark green shades.
- Greek and Moroccan ornaments that are ideal for ethnic interiors.
- Large geometric patterns go well with small prints on the walls.
Flooring trends 2023 by type
Let’s find out what types of flooring trends will be popular in 2023.
Wood floors are always in fashion because of their natural beauty, durability and environmental friendliness. Birch, oak, ash or walnut flooring will fit into any interior. You can easily pick up furniture and decor for this floor. New trends favor boards with minimal finishing, brushed and rustic selection, which reflect the natural structure of the tree as much as possible.
Wood in classic interiors is not tinted, but remains of a natural shade. You can choose coatings in the following popular colors:
- Gray wood flooring doesn’t take up space. Color will be a great background for design decoration in your interior. Gray tones emphasize the naturalness of the material. Unusual texture allows you to create an interesting effect.
- White floors have a glossy sheen that enhances the natural light in the room. Give preference to this material when decorating small rooms.
- Black floors will add elegance to any room. Surfaces of this shade are perfectly combined with metal. Therefore, black floors are suitable for high-tech interiors.
- The copper color of the flooring is wonderfully combined with orange and red-brown interior items. Use this option for decoration in vintage style.
Laminate coating is one of the most common finishing methods. High-quality material is easy to clean, easy to install and attractive appearance. You can choose a trendy laminate with imitation of wood, stone and other natural materials.
Consider the popular tile flooring solution. The wood grain finish stays stylish for years to come. At the same time, tiles are easier to clean than floors. Relevant textures such as artificially aged, brushed and scraping.
- Marble tiles look luxurious. It is suitable for the living room, bathroom or hallway.
- Rustic stone tile looks unusual. Such a coating will create a more comfortable and homely environment. The best tile options for natural stone include slate, marble and limestone.
- Metallic effect tiles give the room a trendy and ultra-modern look. The novelty is suitable for more modern interiors.
- Ceramic tiles are ideal for creating geometric motifs. Hexagonal elements perfectly decorate the floor.
- Exotic trends include concrete-look tiles. Large-format elements help to create a modern interior. Suitable for decorating an industrial style room.
Opt for carpet if you like a plush and cozy-chic feel under your feet. Bold colors of this material are in fashion. These can be contrasting colors, as well as rich shades of ornaments, floral patterns, geometric shapes and precious stones. Natural and organic tones are popular, giving a sense of calm.
Try these solutions:
- For a boho-inspired interior, choose carpet in neutral tones. Textile accessories of bright red shades and upholstered furniture are suitable here.
- For interior design in eco-chic style, it is better to choose natural fibrous coatings.
- Plush and velor carpets are suitable for rooms with a small area. Velvet surfaces will help create luxury in your home.
Combine bright carpet with colorful furniture. Carpet trends are based on self-expression. With their help, you can show maximum creativity. Colored and patterned carpets look unusual. You can choose from floral motifs, animal prints, stripes or geometric shapes.
Flooring trends 2023 by room
Find out which flooring is better to choose for certain rooms.
The kitchen is one of the most visited places in the apartment. When choosing materials, do not forget to take into account factors such as high humidity and temperature changes. Floor covering for the kitchen should have the following qualities:
- Moisture resistance. Indoors, flooring is exposed to a lot of moisture – splashes, fumes and mopping.
- Low hygroscopicity. The material should not absorb moisture, as mold may appear under the coating.
- Impact resistance.
- Hygiene. The cover must be easy to clean.
- Wear resistance and abrasion resistance.
The best solution for the kitchen will be ceramic tiles. This material is wear-resistant, resistant to chemicals and moisture. For the kitchen, choose tiles with matte, embossed, rough and glossy surfaces. Products with embossed ornaments look stylish.
Practical materials include linoleum, which is distinguished by a variety of decorative textures. Laminate gives new possibilities in the design of different stylistic solutions. In trend, a vintage-style finish in the form of aged wood. You can choose laminate flooring in the most fashionable shades. Black, purple and other rich colors are relevant.
An excellent option is vinyl material. Universal PVC tile combines the best properties. The product has a textured film with a printed high-resolution image – imitations of concrete, stone, wood and all kinds of patterns.
Bedroom flooring should be eco-friendly and beautiful. The surface should be pleasant to walk barefoot. The color palette and finish should be in harmony with the surrounding interior.
You can choose carpet for the bedroom. The coating has a warm and soft surface. Of the advantages, it is worth noting the variety of patterns and shades, which allows the carpet to fit into any bedroom interior. Carpet with long pile perfectly combined with other finishes.
Massive board belongs to beautiful and natural coatings. The material is distinguished by durability, strength, excellent thermal insulation properties and environmental safety. Depending on the processing of wood, the board may have different patterns.
A good solution for the bedroom would be piece parquet. The material is characterized by strength, durability, a wide range of textures and colors, as well as excellent thermal insulation.
The parquet board is also suitable for decorating the bedroom. This is a three-layer material with excellent decorative qualities. It features a pleasant touch surface, environmental friendliness, easy installation and excellent appearance.
Cork floors are on trend. Such a coating is distinguished by naturalness, environmental friendliness, ability to absorb noise, increased strength and long service life.
A great option for the bedroom is laminate. Any image can be on its surface. The material has a huge range. You can choose a coating of any texture and shade. It is suitable for any interior styles.
Consider other options for the bedroom:
- PVC linoleum can have any shade, pattern or ornament. The material is durable, good soundproofing, hygienic, easy to care for and a huge selection of patterns and shades.
- Marmoleum is made from jute or cork, and the main part consists of resin, lime, sawdust and oil. The covering is ideally combined with system of heat-insulated floors.
- Vinyl tiles are popular due to the range of different patterns. This allows you to decorate the bedroom in any taste.
- The rubber coating is characterized by excellent sound and heat insulation, easy maintenance, durability and aesthetic appearance.
- Bulk floor – a novelty that is becoming increasingly popular. A strong, durable and wear-resistant coating is made without seams.
In the trend – interiors with natural colors, retro – design and respect for nature.
- One of the trendy solutions is cork flooring. It is one of the eco-friendly materials in nature.
- A return to retro style is possible with interspersed terrazzo tiles. Classic texture is back in fashion. The original coating is used not only for floors, but also for countertops and walls. Terrazzo has a neutral look, but can also look quite bright.
- Natural surfaces are in fashion. Parquet with ring patterns is popular. Relevant for the living room and French herringbone in bright colors.
- Coverings for the living room have a natural texture or imitate it. For decoration, choose porcelain stoneware, tiles and vinyl flooring with imitation of concrete, wood or marble.
- New trends involve the use of large forms. This is especially true for porcelain stoneware. Large slabs available.
- Color minimalism is popular. To decorate the living room, choose natural wood shades, natural gradients, warm light and cool.
When choosing flooring for the bathroom, consider the features of the room – temperature fluctuations, requirements for comfort and safety, high humidity levels.
Popular bathroom options include self-leveling flooring, ceramic tile, cork, and moisture-resistant laminate.
Of the budget options, it is worth noting linoleum. This coating has excellent waterproofing properties.
Floors in the laundry room must comply with the special conditions of this room. Choose a material that is resistant to moisture and high temperatures. Cork is popular. This is a fashionable material that does not absorb moisture. The natural and hypoallergenic coating does not slip even if you spill water.
Try using ceramic tiles. This material is distinguished by a variety of shapes and shades. For the laundry room, a wooden floor with special treatment is also suitable. Alternatively, opt for a moisture-resistant laminate.
Actual floor colors 2023
The following tips will help you choose the right color for the floor:
- The combination of a light ceiling, floor and walls contributes to the visual increase in the room.
- All surfaces in light shades make the room narrower and longer.
- The combination of dark walls and a light floor visually shortens the room.
- Dark walls with white floors and ceilings highlight horizontal lines. For this option, do not use carpets on the floor. This will create the feeling of a basement.
- For the hallway, you can choose a door in the color of the floor.
- To make the room look more spacious, choose a light-colored floor and door.
To create a contrast between the door and the floor, remember that the furniture and the door should be in the same color palette.
The most relevant shades of floor coverings in the new season are presented for you.
The white floor is associated with conciseness and purity. The decoration of modern interiors often becomes a parquet board, which has the structure of light maple, white oak or Norwegian pine. A white laminate or board will add brightness to the room and visually expand the space. This will give the interior a more modern look. White goes well with green shades in the interior.
Flooring adds elegance, versatility and neutrality to the interior. If you choose a gray floor, pay attention to its combination with other shades. The gray surface looks good with white and black. Coolness will be added to the interior by a combination of gray and blue. The combination of yellow and gray looks spectacular. But in this case, yellow should be less. It can be a stripe on an armchair, a curtain or a wall.
The floor looks elegant with the texture of light shades of acacia, oak, ash or beech. The stylish covering embodies calmness and optimism. Choose it if you prefer neutral tones. This color goes great with other shades. If desired, you can change the color of the walls or furniture. In addition, it is an unpretentious shade, on which specks, scratches and stains are not noticeable.
The floor covering in mahogany, Milan walnut or cherry wood texture is demanding to the surrounding interior. The parquet board of cherry shades goes well with yellow, brown and green tones.
The floor in brown is the embodiment of comfort, warmth and security. The brown finish is the perfect backdrop for the furniture. This option is suitable for you if you decide to decorate the room in country style. Universal shade suitable for many interiors.
The parquet board in coffee tones goes well with green, cream, beige and yellow colors.
Floor covering in black color looks elegant and luxurious. But this color is not suitable for everything. It should be combined with warm shades. Black color suits modern interiors. The combination of gold and black looks unusual. This allows you to convey a special atmosphere of luxury and wealth.
A powerful visual load in the interior is provided by the ornament, with which you can highlight entire surfaces. Using the pattern, highlight a separate area, and make the rest of the zones concise.
Floor coverings with alternating ornament are popular. These can be the same elements located at equal distances.
When choosing a pattern, try to observe style unity. It is suitable for modern interiors. Other interior items should also be combined with patterns on the floor. Match the ornament with carved panels or lamps. When choosing a suitable pattern, take ideas from one shape and style.
Consider these options:
- Geometric prints – zigzags, circles, stars and polyhedrons.
- Plant patterns – fruits, flowers, leaves.
- Animalistic – figures of different animals.
- Calligraphic – numbers and letters.
You can purchase floor coverings with ready-made patterns or make your own prints. Apply unusual elements using a stencil. In this case, you can choose original stories and unique elements. Hand painting is especially appreciated.
In addition to a stencil, try using a roller. An excellent solution would be staining with rolling.
From ready-made options, consider spectacular patterns on ceramic tiles. You can find authentic ornaments, color combinations that match different archaeological finds. Ceramics made in the style of majolica looks unusual. The material is made of baked clay with painting. For this, a bright glaze is used.
Try using a checkerboard black and white floor. This decoration option is especially popular in some styles. It is used not only in classic interiors, but also in art deco and glamor styles.
Colorful cells look great on any surface. The print is suitable for decorating a wooden floor. With it, you can equip a Scandinavian or country interior.
If you love classics, choose octagonal marble tiles. Small format looks great in small spaces. For large rooms, take large tiles in different shades. Use contrasting shades. An interesting option would be long ornaments in the hallways. An interesting solution would be the classic herringbone tile design. The material of different shapes allows you to create original ornaments on the floor. A fashionable solution would be patchwork tiles on the floor. Hexagonal honeycomb tiles are ideal for bathroom, hallway or kitchen flooring.
To make the right choice of flooring, consider all the nuances. Of particular importance is the texture of the material.
New trends present an opportunity to experiment with textures and colors. Noble textures of stone and wood are in fashion. Use them in different design solutions. Boards with natural defects and surface texture will make the interior more diverse and unique. Floor designs that have the effect of antiquity are popular. Such a coating will fit perfectly into rooms decorated in the style of Provence, country or eco style.
Using our review, you can find great ideas for decorating your floor. Practical and fashionable floor coverings will make your interior more stylish and your home cozy.