Each homeowner has his own sense of style and individual views on the design of the apartment. The interior design reflects the collective personality of the family and is an inspirational backdrop for events that will take place within the walls of your home. However, many apartment owners prefer to design the interior in accordance with the latest fashion requirements and the most modern styles and trends. In this article, we turned to the opinion of the best designers to offer you modern trends in interior design 2021.
Modern trends in bedroom interior design 2021
- 1 Modern trends in interior design of apartments in 2021
- 1.1 Actual interiors of 2021: what’s in trend
- 1.2 Fashionable colors in the interior of 2021
- 1.3 Interior design trends in 2021
- 1.4 2021 fashion design style
- 2 Modern trends in the interior
- 2.1 Actual ideas for the new season
- 2.2 Features of the design of rooms in a modern apartment
- 3 Interior trends: Actual interior for the next decade
- 4 Modern Trends in Interior Design of Apartments in 2021
- 5 Latest design solutions in 2021
- 6 2021 Interior Design Trends, Latest Fashion Trends and Trends
Modern trends in interior design of apartments in 2021
Actual interiors of 2021: what’s in trend
For interiors in 2021, the main theme is the environmental friendliness and naturalness of materials. Of course, there are gorgeous bright colors that you need to accept, but when it comes to decorating your home, today the emphasis is on choosing classic and more durable designs, and not on what you get tired of quickly.
Today, the emphasis is on choosing classic and more durable designs, rather than on what you will quickly get tired of.
In 2021, gradually the desire to fully comply with the canon of a certain style in interior design fades into the background. A simpler approach that focuses on the personal desires of the apartment owner is becoming popular. This approach does not abolish stylistic unity, but offers a new approach to the perception of apartment design. The convenience and interests of the owner come to the fore, not the desire to maintain the style. In such an interior, classic elements can be part of an apartment made in a modern style.
In such an interior, classic elements can be part of an apartment made in a modern style.
Asymmetric design offers a more relaxed, less formal approach to room balance. Asymmetric style assumes a chaotic arrangement of interior items, but the end result is always a visual balance of space. The asymmetric arrangement of furniture in the room helps to diversify the daily routine.
The asymmetric arrangement of furniture in the room helps to diversify the daily routine.
To achieve a successful asymmetric arrangement of furniture, balance a large sofa with several chairs. Although the individual parts of your furniture may vary in style and size, the overall visual weight should be the same. Wall-mounted compositions also help create asymmetries in room design. Asymmetric balance can be achieved using some of the following principles:
- the large form is heavier than the small one;
- dark colors are heavier than light;
- textured shape is heavier than smooth;
- complex form is heavier than simple form;
- two or small forms balance one large form;
- a smaller darker form balances a larger light form.
Fashion always returns to the past. Design in the 70s was very controversial: asceticism and decadence, gray tones and colorless colors, natural motifs and high-tech futurism. Self-expression and personality were the hallmarks of the time.
Design in the 70s was very controversial: asceticism and decadence, gray tones and colorless colors, natural motifs and high-tech futurism.
Of course, self-expression can manifest itself in completely disgusting manifestations, but the interior in the 70s is rather a balance between nature and technology, rounded and straight lines. Large and dormer-windows were popular at that time, as well as covered gardens and tightly laid stone fireplaces. While high-tech plastics were clearly popular in the 70s, teak and pine furniture were found.
While high-tech plastics were clearly popular in the 70s, teak and pine furniture were found.
From the ancient mosaics of the Roman Empire to the intricate designs of the ceiling and Renaissance walls, interior design was an important aspect of Italian culture. To create an Italian style in your apartment, you just need an open space. Following modern trends in interior design, you can create an Italian-style kitchen.
To create an Italian style in your apartment, you just need an open space.
Such a kitchen turns into a secluded place where you can relax and chat, and not just cook and eat. One of the most famous aspects of Italian interior design is the complex masonry, from the warm terracotta tiled floor to the luxurious marble countertops. In addition, the Italian design is distinguished by splendor of decoration, as well as an abundance of gold and leather elements.
Such a kitchen turns into a secluded place where you can relax and chat, and not just cook and eat.
The use of tactility in space is an integral part of creating a comfortable environment in 2021. Surface textures are a fundamental element in interior design, as they form the visual temperature in the room. For example, smooth surfaces reflect light and create a cooler, more open impression, while embossed textures convey a feeling of warmth and relaxation.
The use of tactility in space is an integral part of creating a comfortable environment in 2021.
Where we apply texture can change our perception. The way light interacts with the surface and how closely we interact with it greatly affects our emotional response. When choosing tactile elements, it is important to use additional textures that reproduce each other’s differences. For example, rough surfaces can appear much more textured next to a smooth surface, which depends on the needs of the space.
When choosing tactile elements, it is important to use additional textures that reproduce each other’s differences.
Dark colors today are a stunning and impressive way to show art or highlight furniture. This design is built on contrast and depth. What could be more powerful and expressive than an art wall or an entire room painted in black? Using dark colors, you need to evaluate how big your room is. Dark colors add drama and character to your interior. In fact, if your room is too spacious and impersonal, you can rule in this space with dark bold tones for the walls and an even darker ceiling.
Dark colors today are a stunning and impressive way to show art or highlight furniture.
Marble, cement and wood
These materials are a combination of warm textures and cool colors. Marble, wood and concrete are brought together to create a damp but refined space. The interior using these materials is great for a young couple, creating a minimal and modern interior.
Marble, wood and concrete are brought together to create a damp but refined space.
There is something very luxurious in the majestic combination of marble with streaks of wood. The combination of natural materials brings life to the modern interior of the apartment and can be combined in many ways.
The combination of natural materials brings life to the modern interior of the apartment and can be combined in many ways.
Emphasis on floor and ceiling
2021 in interior design is a year of emphasis. Today’s fashion seeks to highlight the upper and lower planes of the room, focusing on contrast and texture. The ceiling and floor are an integral part of your decor and can lay the foundation for the color scheme of the design. Regardless of the type of ceiling and floor, it is important that they blend well with the walls and the rest of the room.
Today’s fashion seeks to highlight the upper and lower planes of the room, focusing on contrast and texture.
Mixing metals adds a clean and elegant style to any room. Various metals work together to add depth, directing the look from dominant colors to accent colors. However, mixing gold and silver, not to mention all other shades of metal, can be intimidating. Besides deciding which metals to mix, there is also the issue of mixing metal finishes.
Mixing metals adds a clean and elegant style to any room.
Whether it is polished stainless steel or forged copper, there are many different combinations to choose from. The key to success is that you have to choose one metallic shade that will dominate the overall color palette. This applies to all types of metal, not just gold and silver.
The key to success is that you have to choose one metallic shade that will dominate the overall color palette.
The abundance of clear glass
Glass offers almost infinite potential in transforming space both in practical and aesthetic terms, and recent technological advances have further expanded its capabilities. Although glazing can often be seen as a purely practical aspect of architecture and construction, it also plays an important role in interior design.
Glass offers almost infinite potential in transforming space, both in practical and aesthetic terms.
While glass walls and glass floors have their own unique potential when it comes to interior design, in many respects skylights and glass roofs offer the best of both worlds, while bringing a few unique aesthetic qualities to your interior.
Although glazing can often be seen as a purely practical aspect of architecture and construction, it also plays an important role in interior design.
If you’re looking for bold and new paint ideas this year, here are some of the biggest trends of 2021 from designers and paint manufacturers. White paint may seem like a banal choice, but, according to designer Annabel Joy, whitewashed rooms will not go anywhere this year.
White paint may seem like a banal choice, but, according to designer Annabel Joy, whitewashed rooms will not go anywhere this year.
We recommend that homeowners abandon the cool grays that have dominated the past few years and adopt new neutral, warmer and more complex colors. In 2021, dark green and emerald shades become popular. Like a deep sea breeze, a rich green hue is ideal for increasing the depth of your space. Green adds splendor, which is often lacking in modern interiors.
Like a deep sea breeze, a rich green hue is ideal for increasing the depth of your space.
Despite the fact that designers and editors keep up-to-date with home decor updates all year round, this trend hunting is becoming more and more popular twice a year. This year, trends touched on the personalization of rooms in the apartment.
Gone are the days when designers assembled a standard living room kit and called their work finished. If you do not want your living room to look decent, it is better not to use boring furniture of standard models. Instead, build a living room for yourself. Assemble furniture along the way, and don’t be afraid to mix and match different objects of different styles and old family heirlooms.
If you do not want your living room to look decent, it is better not to use boring furniture of standard models.
Kitchen and dining room
In almost all modern trends in interior design of apartments 2021, there is no more simplicity and minimalism. Instead, hand-made jewelry and kitchen accessories are becoming popular. This means that you have to use a lot less simple tiles and a lot more hand-made decor. The same goes for equipment. The modern appearance of products made of chrome, brass and pink gold will be replaced by leather inserts of various shapes and sizes.
The modern appearance of products made of chrome, brass and pink gold will be replaced by leather inserts of various shapes and sizes.
Instead of flashy flowers in the bedroom, try to lighten the space as a whole with subtle textured wallpaper. It is appropriate that a wider palette for wallpaper should go hand in hand with a rational outlook on art. Do not use flashy vases, paintings and trimmings.
It is appropriate that a wider palette for wallpaper should go hand in hand with a rational outlook on art.
The main features of a comfortable bedroom:
- comfortable mattress and large bed;
- proper dim lighting;
- remote location in relation to other rooms;
- large wardrobe;
- easy access to the bathroom.
Pastel colors and the modern interior design of the children’s room are no longer compatible. For lovers of new ideas, it is best to equip a nursery with the help of natural and interesting objects of art. A dimmer, a simple device for controlling light, will help change the mood of lighting. Easy-to-wash fabrics and carpets are a great solution for children. Universal furniture, which is suitable for both a child and a teenager, will save a lot of money.
For lovers of new ideas, it is best to equip a nursery with the help of natural and interesting objects of art.
Modern bathroom design trends are shifting towards harmony with the rest of the apartment. Color combinations, architectural design and ideas about luxury and comfort are becoming more individual. Upgraded, high-tech mixers, LED lighting and advanced electronics are also very much in demand, but not just for the sake of technology. Homeowners are looking for more control and convenience.
Upgraded, high-tech mixers, LED lighting and advanced electronics are also very much in demand, but not just for the sake of technology.
Below we list the most relevant styles in interior design for 2021.
The Scandinavian style is the most popular for the interiors of urban apartments, as it combines simplicity and elegance. Scandinavian interiors are usually painted white to help keep the space vibrant.
Scandinavian interiors are usually painted white to help keep the space vibrant.
When colors are used, they remain soft and restrained so that the whole space feels cohesive, uniform and bright for perception. The carpet has never been popular in the Scandinavian style. Instead, wooden floors are often used, which are sometimes softened with sheepskin skins. Scandinavian design does not have many decorative or redundant details.
Scandinavian design does not have many decorative or redundant details.
Mid-century style – interior trend 2021
The Mid-century movement swept the world from about 1933 to 1965 and included architecture, as well as industrial, interior and graphic design. Today, this style is once again becoming popular.
The Mid-century movement swept the world from about 1933 to 1965 and included architecture, as well as industrial, interior and graphic design.
Designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Harry Bertoya, Arne Jacobsen and George Nelson have created iconic furniture and lighting that are still highly regarded. This style is known for the use of a large amount of glass, flat planes and a connection with nature.
This style is known for the use of a large amount of glass, flat planes and a connection with nature.
Boho-chic, or Bohemian style in the design of the living room
Currently, in relation to the boho style, it is a term used to define things that are unconventional and artistic. It helps to understand the roots of bohemian style to create
Fashion penetrates all spheres of our life – in some aspects they are inexorable and strict, in others it is tolerant and supportive. Fashion trends in the field of designing living spaces are not as cruel as the catwalk fashion. The interior, created in accordance with the latest trends, will be relevant for several years – especially if it was created in accordance with the personal preferences of the owners and was focused on maximum individual comfort. When planning repairs in your own apartment, the most difficult thing is to find a “middle ground” between design ideas that are at the peak of popularity and your own idea of the practicality, aesthetics and comfort of the interior. We have selected for your familiarization 100 ideas for home improvement in accordance with new trends in the world of design and we hope
Creating a balance between the financial capabilities of the customer, his criteria for comfort, beauty and functionality with their own design ideas is practically an art for true specialists in their field. But for a beginner (the owner of a small-sized apartment or spacious apartments) in the design of his own home, the task is quite feasible – it will only be necessary to make an effort and listen to intuition. Among the current design ideas for the new season (and for the next few years), several main ones can be distinguished.
Everything natural is always in trend. This applies to both finishing materials and raw materials for the production of furniture and decor items. Natural materials have reliably consolidated their position in the field of interior design and will be relevant for many years to come. Wood and stone, concrete and plaster, metal and various derivatives of these materials, in the manufacture of which substances harmful to humans and the environment did not participate, simply cannot go out of fashion. Not only proximity to nature, but also their own safety, aesthetics and durability push designers and their customers to use natural materials, although the cost of finishing materials and furniture made from natural raw materials is significantly more expensive than artificial analogues.
Nothing can “warm” the interior like the presence of natural wood. The beautiful pattern of the tree and its texture not only bring us closer to nature, but also contribute to the creation of a harmonious image of the room. It is easy to combine wood with surfaces of light and dark tones, choosing the appropriate contrast. For example, maple, aspen, ash will look great in combination with colorful tones chosen to emphasize the beauty of the natural pattern. And all shades of wenge color will look luxurious in combination with a light palette of interior surfaces.
Shine of metal in a modern interior is an integral attribute. Metal elements are present in rooms with a wide variety of purposes. In the kitchen space, stainless steel is used as a material for countertops, finishing a kitchen apron. Chrome elements are part of household appliances, furniture and other structures. Matte surfaces are equally popular. Silver, brass and copper elements can decorate living rooms and even bedrooms – be part of the fittings, frame mirrors and other wall decor.
Bright and spacious rooms
Any style fits harmoniously into a spacious and bright room. It is only a pity that the reality of modern life is such that the value of real estate, especially in large cities, is unbearable for most. Many have to be content with small or standard apartments with a kitchen of 6 square meters and a bathroom with an area of not more than 3.5 “squares”. Therefore, the fashion for combining space, for removing partitions and walls, for combining several functional zones within the same room is currently relevant.
Enlarging window openings and adding as much sunlight as possible to the available space is the mainstream of the current and upcoming season. A bright room seems larger, in its interior you can use rich, deep tones, and not just light shades that contribute to a visual increase in space. A room in which a lot of light harmoniously accepts contrasting color combinations, bright accents, large decorative elements.
If we talk about artificial light sources, the trend of multi-level lighting does not lose its popularity. Even in rooms with a modest area, it is impossible to get by with a single lighting fixture. And in such multifunctional rooms as the kitchen, almost every surface is working and needs lighting. If we are dealing with a studio apartment, where several functional zones are combined within the same room, then it is necessary to illuminate each segment with local sources or with band lighting.
White tone as the main color scheme
Fashion for all shades of white will never go away. This is due not only to the fact that furniture and decor of any color looks great on a white background, but also to the fact that light colors help visually increase the volume of the room, mitigate architectural imperfections or blemishes. White color is a symbol of freshness and purity. And many owners would like to see their home, first of all, clean and “light”, weightless and fresh. Using white color as the main tone of the finish, it is easy to create a harmonious image of the room. Designers recommend using no more than two additional colors (and their shades) to dilute the snow-white idyll.
For those who do not want to take risks with the choice of complex color combinations, experts recommend using the “three whales” of the modern palette of shades – the white color is diluted as shades of gray and one of the types of wood as the main color (this can be either a light natural pattern or a contrast dark wenge, for example). The resulting image will be practical and versatile – in this palette you can decorate the kitchen, living room and bedroom. The room will look fresh, but not flashy, attractive and at the same time peaceful. But it is precisely the calm atmosphere that we expect to see in our own apartment upon returning from work after a difficult working day.
For more daring homeowners of small and medium sizes, we can recommend replacing the gray tone with a bright color, leaving as the main white, diluted with wooden surfaces. But in this case it is necessary to use your bright accent in a very metered way – one surface or a household appliance, a sofa or a chair with colorful upholstery.
For rooms of medium and large sizes, contrasting combinations will be an ideal option for color solutions. The alternation of dark and light surfaces never goes out of style. By means of a contrasting change of light and shadow, it is possible not only to emphasize the geometry of the premises, but also to conditionally zon the space, to highlight especially significant objects.
Use of lightweight furniture and transformers
Replacing bulky desks with light consoles, massive wardrobes with open shelves, the use of various folding mechanisms, transforming furniture is a modern trend, caused not only by the predominance of dwellings with modest dimensions, but also by the desire to surround yourself with a light and concise environment, simple furniture and decorative solutions . Transformable furniture takes up less space and can perform several functions depending on the situation. The increase in transforming models in the furniture lines of modern manufacturers makes it possible for most apartment owners to purchase ready-made solutions, rather than overpaying for individual production.
The rational use of the available space pushes the owners of small and standard apartments to use the full range of design solutions aimed at creating a convenient, functional and at the same time visually spacious interior. Built-in storage systems that make it possible to use effectively every centimeter of the available area are becoming an integral attribute of a modern home.
The use of furniture, partially or completely consisting of glass or transparent plastic (acrylic), allows you to bring lightness, airiness to the images of the premises. Translucent and transparent design objects seem to dissolve in space, without weighing down the appearance of the rooms. Tables and chairs, coasters and coffee tables, just consoles and shelves – all these small but important interior items look luxuriously in a “transparent” version and harmoniously fit into the modern design of homes.
Eclecticism of the interior
The modern décor style is eclectic in itself. It effectively combines the motives of minimalism, loft, country style (especially Scandinavian stylistics), pop art and even classics. A skillful combination of concepts of various styles leads to the creation of truly unique, original images of the premises, which can reflect not only the style and standard of living of the owners, but also their taste preferences, attitude to comfort and practicality, coziness and aesthetics.
A modern living room can be presented in several variations. The first opportunity is a separate room, acting exclusively as a room for gathering all households and receiving guests. The second option – the living room is connected to the dining room. In apartments where the kitchen space is not able to accept the dining area, it is often taken out to the living room, like a room that performs similar functions: the reception of all family members at certain times of the day. And the last variation on the theme of arranging the living room is the studio, which combines in addition to the family room, a kitchen with a dining room.
Kitchen and dining room
Like the living room, the kitchen can be presented in various variations. A modest-sized room can only contain a working area (the dining group does not fit in a small space). In the second version, the kitchen contains not only a furniture set with household appliances, but also a dining table with chairs. And the last variation – the kitchen is part of a large room, in which there is a living room and a dining room (often this space is also a hallway or a corridor).
In the new season, the use of open shelves as an alternative to the upper tier of kitchen cabinets will be at the peak of popularity. This design technique allows you to visually “unload” the upper part of the room, to create a lighter image of the interior. Open shelves can be used both as the only option for storage systems for the upper level, or combine them with small hanging cabinets.
Laconicism in the execution of kitchen sets does not lose its popularity. Absolutely smooth, plain kitchen facades are still popular. Simple furniture solutions look great both in small kitchen spaces and in spacious rooms. Regardless of the chosen layout and associated furniture, a furniture ensemble with smooth facades brings simplicity, geometricity and clarity to the interior, notes of modernity and style.
Among modern design projects, there are less and less studios in which the sleeping area is part of one spacious room. Most apartment owners prefer the possibility of privacy for sleeping and relaxing, even if the bedroom ultimately turns out to be the smallest room in the home, in which, apart from the bed, little is placed. But even within a modest room area, you can create a cozy, practical and at the same time modern interior.
If in the bedroom it is necessary to arrange other functional segments in addition to the sleeping place, then they try to execute them in the most neutral colors so as not to distract attention from the main element of the room – the bed with its decoration. If we are talking about the organization of the workplace (which often also plays the role of a dressing table), then experts recommend using a simple and concise solution – a console that attaches to the wall or rests on one support. As an alternative to a massive desk, which takes up a lot of space, this option is preferred for small rooms. If you need to place your home library in the bedroom, then it is better to use bright book shelves with open shelves, rather than monolithic cabinets with facades.
Even in children’s rooms, modern style is reflected in simple and concise solutions. Lightweight furnishings, simple shapes and lines, modular storage systems. Comfort, ease of use and ergonomics are at the forefront. Environmental safety is a priority. But you won’t be able to do without decor either, because this is a children’s room. Bright accents are necessary – stickers, stickers or paintings, contrasting edging and the use of such a design technique as an accent surface.
Despite the love of most designers for spacious and roomy bathrooms, the reality of the day is that most Russians still have to place all functional segments for water and sanitary procedures on an area of several square meters (often not more than 3.5-4 square meters. m). A small volume of the room dictates the use of certain techniques for the visual expansion of space. And so they never go out of style. Light shades, glossy, glass and mirror surfaces, the diagonal arrangement of ceramic tiles, the use of edging and a specific print location to visually increase the height of the room – a lot of tricks and tricks are used.
Fashion and trends change with the speed of light, and it’s rather difficult to predict the relevance of the interior in 10 years. Nevertheless, analyzing current trends in the interior, we can predict some development in this area in the future.
Our tips will help you create today a fashionable interior that will remain relevant in the coming decade.
So, to summarize the main design trends today. Naturally, natural natural materials are popular in furniture and decoration, as residents of cities, especially large ones, will also strive to be closer to nature.
Simplicity of forms, conciseness and functionality, as well as convenience – these are the main components of design today.
There is no doubt that in the future the need for free space in the interior will increase. Cities are expanding, the population and information space are also growing, and all this suggests that in the near future the main trend in the interior will be simplification.
For example, functionality and automation with the “smart home” system are the main pillars of design in the near future. We will carefully think through the interior, simplifying and removing unnecessary, while leaving only the most necessary, in order to ensure greater comfort and relaxation in our home.
I assume that the relevance in the design will be as follows: a bright interior, where there is a lot of air and free space, natural materials (wood, stone, linen, cotton) in decoration, many plants in the form of living walls with an automatic watering system. All this will lively develop.
The main tips on how to make the interior relevant for many years:
- Carefully thought out planning decision
Carefully thought out planning is a very important point. The interior of the future, however, like the modern one, is functionality and thoughtful ergonomics. When arranging furniture and planning walls, it is necessary to present your whole lifestyle as a whole, taking into account all habits, daily activities, functions and routines, as well as wishes.
- A space in which there is nothing superfluous
Overloading the interior with unnecessary details is not the best option. On the contrary, removing all unnecessary things and thinking over every object, whether it is a lamp, an armchair, or a figurine, which should have their place, as well as furniture, materials and interior forms, we will achieve the airiness of space.
- Light finish of the apartment
The use of light finishes, especially on the walls, will give an additional feeling of free space and expand the boundaries of the premises.
- Naturalness and texture
In flooring, materials such as granite, marble, slate or solid wood, or an accented wall, will be the best solution.
- Natural colors
Natural color combinations will convey the natural atmosphere in your home. Use this.
- Built-in storage
An important point – even at the planning stage of furniture and walls, it is necessary to think over storage systems and furniture arrangement. Pay attention to the built-in furniture, which will give the interior visual freedom from all that is superfluous.
- Thoughtful lighting scenario
Light and lighting are great tools to keep in mind. Today, there are technologies that can solve all sorts of problems. So, for example, we can create a certain intimate atmosphere with the help of decorative lighting, or your actions in the room can be illuminated with the help of functional light. A scenario of general lighting can give light in every corner of the living space.
- The system of “smart home”
Already, there are many excellent systems for controlling lighting, sound and climate, on the principle of “smart home”. This should not be neglected, since in the future all these devices will be improved and become more compact.
- Greens and plants in the interior
A natural atmosphere for a full harmonious rest and satisfaction can be achieved by adding greenery, plants, or a living wall and stabilized moss. Such an atmosphere will allow you to completely relax and rest.
This article told you about the trends of the near future.
These tips will help you in creating a modern and relevant interior for 10 years to come.
Everyone lives in a cozy and beautiful house, however, the plan does not always work out. During the repair, I want to get a beautiful, comfortable and fashionable interior design that will be relevant for many years. Fashion trends in interior design are more durable than the catwalk fashion. Therefore, you can focus on popular trends in order to get modern looks of apartments or houses.
In preparation for the repair work, it is important to familiarize yourself with various finishing options, their diversity, to study fashionable design solutions, new trends and directions. With this approach, you can implement the most striking and extraordinary ideas, while ensuring aesthetics, convenience and practicality. What trends will be trending in 2021?
In 2021, the ideas of diversity and diversity of decoration options are declared. At the same time, it is not a wide selection of materials that are taken into account, but a huge number of shades, new scales, palettes and textures. In 2021, at the peak of popularity, there will be brickwork, pastel colors in the interior, creative wallpapers and a black and white combination. There are also other interesting modern trends and trends in the interior design of apartments, which must be paid close attention.
- Designers in the interior design of apartments offer both bright and dark colors, combine the usual classic lines with original details, mix luxurious, traditional and exotic materials.
- Furniture in the interior of the apartments should provide functionality, practicality and comfort.
- Mirrors in the interior design of apartments will visually enlarge small rooms. Therefore, they should be as much as the room is smaller.
- If the mirror surface consists of several parts, then the joints need to be done vertically to visually increase the space.
- There should be more light in the interior design of apartments. For example, light can also be made from below by creating light illumination behind the back of the sofa or on the floor. Such novelties in the dark will cheer you up and give your home new colors.
Fashion color trends
Color in any interior design of apartments makes a direction. In this case, there is always a primary color, as well as auxiliary shades that complement it. In 2021, fashionable novelties appeared that turned into extravagant trends in interior design.
- Marsalu is a deep wine color that goes well with copper, gold and all shades of gray.
- Gold color is an adornment of any design, because the interior of the apartments can be beautifully decorated with individual decorative elements. In this case, it is not necessary to use real gold, you can use imitations or gold-plated details.
- All shades of gray are also popular in 2021. Gray can look great with mint, blue, pink and white. This new trend looks fresh and interesting.
- Marble color in 2021 can be used not only in coloring and texture. Recent trends in interior design of apartments recommend the use of fashionable figurines, caskets, bedside tables and other accessories made of marble or imitation of this material. Marble color is distinguished by aristocracy and wealth.
- White color blends perfectly with any tone and color. In rooms where snow-white color dominates, the interior design of the apartments looks majestic and magnificent.
Styles and nuances in the decor
- The trends in 2021 are such that eco-style strengthens its position. Natural texture, natural materials, brick walls, wood, stone and everything natural is not only modern trends, but also the desire to bring a bit of naturalness into the apartment.
- Severe and cozy at the same time can be called the Scandinavian style. In 2021, he brightened a bit, including a decrease in decor. And only soft anatomical furniture with all kinds of decorative pillows remained unchanged.
- 2021 fashion likes to supply apartments and houses with transparent interior elements, especially furniture. Tables, chairs and armchairs made of plexiglass and plexiglass will add fashionable urban notes to the interior, providing the room with more space and light. Designers as a novelty offer to use different solutions, both full transparency and translucent interior decoration options: translucent curtains, accessories and partitions.
- An exceptionally new trend is the use of words in the design of premises. The main trends suggest the use of quotes, sayings, phrases and ordinary thematic words on shelves, walls, in the form of prints on wallpaper and paintings. You can even use ready-made sets of letters to diversify your interior and make it stylish, fashionable and unique.
The trends in the interior of the kitchen are quite numerous, which allows you to create a very different design.
- Warm shades of metals. Warm metals such as brass, bronze, copper and gold continue to dominate stainless steel, chrome, nickel and silver in the design of the 2021 kitchen, as this is the most sophisticated way to add warmth and comfort to this room. Metal faucets, pendant lights, kitchen furniture fittings and range hoods are the best elements for incorporating these shades into the kitchen interior.
- Vintage style cuisine. The world’s leading designers are of the same opinion, a kitchen design that combines cutting-edge elements and an old-fashioned vintage style will be especially fashionable in the current 2021. The timeless, functional and truly home-style kitchen can be created using calendars and retro posters on the wall, vintage dishes, numerical table accessories, “grandmother’s” fabrics with an antique armchair in the corner and the like. Such elements will look especially good in a kitchen made in cold colors.
- Ceramic surfaces. A fashionable novelty in the design of the kitchen is a ceramic countertop. They are made of ceramics of low porosity and high density, such surfaces look very original and warm. You can also look at artificial stone and quartz.
- Texture walls and other surfaces in the kitchen. Today, expressive textures are increasingly being introduced into kitchen design. Smooth and shiny surfaces of glass, glossy plastic and tiles are not practical and have already lost their relevance. In 2021, it is recommended to look at the textured laminate, which is increasingly used for kitchen facades. It adds warmth, home decor, regardless of style and color.
- Neutral and other muted shades. New kitchen trends tend to create a comfortable, warm and cozy atmosphere. The best background for this purpose are neutral colors, in particular brown, gray and white.
- The mint shade has become extremely popular, it creates a pleasant freshness, as well as original beauty.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below the article. We or our visitors will be happy to answer them.
Trends in interior design are not changing as rapidly as in clothes. Much that was fashionable in 2017 does not lose relevance this year either. Geometry, concrete, loft and minimalism, natural materials are still popular. But there are some changes and amazing news. For example, instead of emerald, the red color of the brick shade becomes central in fashionable interiors.
Red color always dominates other shades and attracts the views of others. With proper use, it turns any room into a fun and cheerful room
The motto of the year is “Only the most necessary.” More and more attention is paid to the practicality of the room and the functionality of filling the space.
In window decoration, it is better to abandon multi-layer heavy curtains and choose traditional combinations of light curtains and thin tulle
- An abundance of light and spaciousness. In the interior, designers mainly aim to fill the room with light and create the illusion of more space. This trend has been relevant for several seasons.
- Cool color palette. This trend follows from the previous one and is not a dogma.
- Geometric motifs. Now they are found not only in wallpaper patterns, but also in an unusual form of furniture.
- Eco-friendly materials. This trend also does not apply to new products. However, it is encouraging that materials that are safe from the point of view of toxicity are becoming more accessible to different segments of the population.
- Built-in appliances. A trend that has been relevant for several seasons and loved for practicality.
- Textured surfaces. Due to the desire for practicality, subject decoration is minimized. But unusual textures in decoration and furnishing will not allow the apartment to look too austere and boring.
- Ergonomic storage. In 2020, countertops with many compartments are relevant.
- Mixes of styles. This trend simplifies the process of selecting all the details for the whole composition on the one hand, and on the other hand, allows you to more clearly show your personality.
Due to the through holes in the concrete blocks, these partitions are smoothed not with a boring monolith, but with a brutal translucent structure
Velvet upholstery in emerald, ultramarine or tart wine is still in fashion.
Color in interior design plays a huge role and sometimes becomes the key chord of the whole composition. Through color, you can convey the unique character of the room, emphasize furniture and decor details. 2020 in this regard provides a wide choice, because both minimalism and bold shades are in fashion. Everyone can find a fashionable color scheme for their apartment in accordance with temperament and lifestyle.
Bright colors are always in fashion, the interior definitely ceases to be neutral
The most fashionable colors of this year:
- Red, as already mentioned, becomes the main color in the interior of 2020. It is the color of the brownish hue that is relevant. It contains fashionable textiles, cabinet and upholstered furniture, accessories.
It is fashionable to combine red furniture with a brown floor or even a ceiling
- Turquoise color, can compete with a brick. At the peak of popularity, a turquoise-mint hue, according to psychologists, facilitates emotional experiences. Curtains or upholstery of upholstered furniture of this shade will create a peaceful atmosphere in the room.
Calm cool color from nature itself is considered universal and is ideal for interior decoration in classic and modern styles.
- Purple. According to some designers, he should belong to primacy. Psychologists say that it helps relieve stress and increases concentration. He also has the ability to suppress the feeling of hunger, which can please people who do not control appetite.
Everyone treats purple differently, but it leaves no one indifferent.
- Aquamarine. It is believed that it contributes to a greater saturation of life with emotions.
The combination of the color of the sea wave with white or beige makes the interior easier and fresher
- Earth tones have been popular since last year. It is white, muted gray, sand and brown.
Bright living room in shades of gray with delicate pink accents
- Dark colors continue to be relevant. The black color of kitchen facades is spreading.
Stylish black color is able to dilute any interior as neutral
- Copper and gold colors become more natural and strengthen their position. Pastels are being replaced by more intense shades.
Shiny brass countertops, vases, lamps and mirror frames look beneficial
In 2020, unexpected color combinations are in fashion, such as aquamarine with yellow, or blue with orange.
It is not necessary to paint the walls with yellow; just put a colorful sofa or table in the room. Yes, and not just yellow, but as in the cartoons, juicy and positive
In interior design, it is recommended to use a minimum number of elements that will create a homely atmosphere, ideally and they should be of some practical use. This is not asceticism in its purest form, but minimalism with a touch of luxury. Choosing a few decor items, you should focus on high quality.
Do-it-yourself exclusive home-made or custom-made furnishings
- Metal textures are at the height of fashion. However, it is worth adding something more extraordinary than pens or countertops. A trendy option will be a round chandelier with gilding.
- Chandeliers of the most unusual forms are also popular.
- 3D mosaic. Choose one detail that will make the room decoration. For example, it is possible to veneer an apron with a volumetric mosaic.
- The same apron can be made printed by matching the pattern to the main design.
- The walls, decorated with mirror mosaics, add light to the room and look very interesting.
- Open shelves – with or without glass facades. Visually increase the space.
- Household appliances in bright colors. In case the built-in is tired, the equipment can be made a dignity of the room.
- An unusual bright carpet can also be used as an accent.
It looks good metal in the form of bars or other very thin lines, literally strokes
The wall can be completely covered with shelves and they will not “crush” if you use a combination of closed and open shelves
Functionality and practicality have a special place in the interior design of a kitchen. And stylistic decisions can be very unusual and violate the template ideas about the finish.
In the design of the kitchen there is no need to be afraid of bright colors, you can safely use yellow, light green or sunny orange
Kitchen interior design trends:
- Union. To expand the space, the kitchen is connected to other rooms. An excellent solution would be a kitchen studio, capturing the living room and dividing into zones. Designers often make a kitchen from modules similar to ordinary furniture, combining it with another part of the apartment. The kitchen ceases to be a limited room, piled up with cabinets and objects and is not perceived as a boring space exclusively for cooking.
- Matte coating. Brilliant lacquered facades in 2020 go out of fashion.
- Metal and stone finish. Actively used and such modern materials as: glass, wood, plastic and gypsum. Combinations of different materials look interesting.
- Thin worktops and wide worktops.
- Cabinets without handles. The absence of the upper row is welcome.
The interior of the kitchen should be spacious, with clear concise forms
The kitchen must have fresh flowers or herbs.
The modern kitchen has comfortable furniture. Each item in the room performs a function and is located in the designated place. No extra things that just take up space. Dishes prefer monophonic. The necessary tools are at arm’s length in the equipped countertops.
Household appliances are mainly built into furniture modules, but in some cases it is permissible not to hide it, but to make it a dignity of a room. The main thing is that it is easy to use and contributes to the maximum optimization of cooking processes. Manufacturability is given great importance. Wi-Fi is built into modern technology to remotely control and receive notifications about the cooking process.
In modern kitchens, touch screens are increasingly common, and intuitively we understand that gadgets will be the main trend in the future
Partial or full design of the walls with brickwork can become the highlight of the kitchen interior
To decorate the walls of a small kitchen, light tones of tiles or wallpaper are chosen. This will help visually increase the space. For greater effect, the ceiling is also recommended to withstand in bright colors. Such a performance will correspond to a minimalistic trend. If you wish, you can set non-shouting accents.
If, despite the large selection of fashionable colors, none of them seem suitable for the design of your apartment, there is a great solution. Designers recognize pastel colors relevant for the interior, regardless of the fashion season. Recall that pastel colors are shades of any color diluted with white. Thanks to its pigment, any color becomes more calm and suitable for decorating a living room.
Pastel colors include light blue, cream, milk, transparent yellow, pale pink and many other slightly muted and discreet shades
You can choose any pastel shade from a huge palette, and to express the fashionable spirit of the time, use the most trendy finishing materials in interior design. The combination of pastels with metal will look piquant and fashionable. This material is now used not only as an additive, but also serves as the basis for whole kitchen surfaces.
Metal worktop in the interior of a trendy kitchen
Metal facades, in addition to showiness, perform one small but pleasant function – you can attach magnets with task lists to them, leave notes for your beloved. The metal in the facades combines well with glass, wood, concrete and stone. With a low budget, it is acceptable to use metal imitation.
Now dominated by loft and minimalism. Here are the key points that characterize them:
|Chrome steel, glass, stone or wood finish||Concrete floor and wall decoration|
|2 primary colors, a third is possible as an accent||Wall decoration with bleached or red brick|
|Massive windows to fill the room with light||Open communications|
|The lack of partitions in the room||Beams on the ceiling|
|Geometry shapes||Raw wood tables and benches|
|Blinds instead of curtains||Metal cabinets|
Comfortable minimalism is ideal for small rooms – only the necessary set of items, but at the same time the situation should not be ascetic
The industrial design style, democratic and provocative at the same time, consists of ostentatious emptiness and deliberately gross details
If you are an avid fashionista or like cardinal changes, then the style can be changed in accordance with the fashion. But remember that the style more than other aspects reflects the character of the tenant. If a long-term stay is planned in the apartment in which the repairs are carried out, it is recommended to choose a style that matches the temperament and lifestyle. Then the apartment will become as comfortable as possible for you, and you will look harmoniously in your home. There will always be fashion trends that can be embodied within the framework of your chosen style.
Fashion trends in interior design are not changing each other as fast as fashion for clothes, shoes, hairstyles or hair color. And it pleases, because everyone knows how long, labor-intensive and expensive the repair process is. Each homeowner seeks to keep his interior trendy for as long as possible.
Fortunately, any new direction in interior design has been delayed in our homes for more than one year. These trends are not characterized by a seasonal rapid change, as is the case with wardrobe items. In the design of the premises, changes occur smoothly, some trends in the interior are replaced by others, gradually transforming the appearance of the housing and its atmosphere.
Having decided to use the new design trends when decorating your home, you can be sure that the decoration of your interior 2021 will not go out of fashion in a year. If you approach this issue thoughtfully and use a combination of different directions, then such a design will not lose its relevance over time.
If you plan to start the repair or just think about its necessity, it will not be superfluous to familiarize yourself with the main directions in interior design. Some of the fashion trends go away in time, giving way, while others linger for a long time, undergoing partial changes and maintaining their focus. What is relevant in the current season?
- Traditional classic chandeliers and single lamps with shades are replaced by original lighting and decorative structures and complex compositions from several single lamps. This not only provides excellent illumination of the room in the evening, but also contributes to the creation of a peculiar architecture of space.
- The furniture is becoming more functional, it has clear lines and simple geometric shapes. The absence of frills is compensated by the use of interesting materials and upholstery of the original texture and colors.
- The trend is the use of elements of folk art, which can easily give any interior an original look. A piece of exoticism, which will bring sophisticated ornaments, original patterns and exquisite folk motifs, will be appropriate in almost any interior. The main thing is moderation, it is important not to overdo it with folklore details, and then the national color will become that highlight that will add charm to your interior.
- The use of metal does not lose its relevance. Forging products have long taken a place in the interiors of apartments and houses. Graceful window and fireplace grills, sophisticated stair railings and balcony railings, openwork furniture and intricate decor items – these works of blacksmithing can cause genuine admiration.
- Decorating surfaces with prints is gradually becoming a thing of the past. In the interiors monophonic walls of calm shades will prevail. They will not look boring, because in a trending surface with an interesting texture. Concrete, rough stucco or masonry are complemented by bright accents in the form of paintings of interior paintings and original modular compositions.
- The color scheme of the current season involves the use of calm, warm, pastel shades that contribute to relaxation and peace. Neutral tones are appropriate in different rooms and different interior styles. They serve as the perfect backdrop for furniture and decor. The use of bright, saturated colors in the form of small accents is relevant. In this regard, the favorite will be dark green.
Ceramic tiles can hardly be called a new trend. However, the ever-expanding assortment of this universal finishing material allows you to embody the most unusual ideas: the trend is hexagonal tiles in the form of bee honeycombs. It in itself looks very unusual both on the walls and on the floor. And if you use a flight of fancy and tiles of different shades, then you can achieve an incredible graphic effect. Terracotta clay tiles are gaining more and more popularity.
One of the favorites among the materials used for decoration and decoration of rooms, is still a natural stone. Modern interior trends are such that we can safely say: this material is unlikely to soon give way to its leading position.
“Wild” stone with its sharp edges, polished by sea waves to almost perfect pebbles, rough stone blocks with a rough surface, stone slabs polished to shine, striking with its rich texture and a variety of patterns – there is room in the interior for any of these varieties of natural material .
Walls and arches, fireplaces and sinks, countertops and window sills, artistic compositions and decorative panels made of natural stone will give your home a unique and inimitable appearance.
Decor items from this material also have no equal: coffee tables, lamp bases, ashtrays, decorative figures and candlesticks will be a decoration of any interior.
Puffs and pillows made of wool, stylized as smooth sea boulders and repeating their shape and pattern, can become a highlight of your home. These unusual interior items will harmoniously fit into the living space, deliver positive emotions to the owners of the house, surprise guests and emphasize the relevance of the next trend.
The course towards rapprochement with nature
Fashion trends in the interior again turn to the natural world, which is an inexhaustible source of inspiration and design ideas. Natural materials – a real find for decoration and decoration. Natural wood, cork, bamboo, bark, vine, rattan – each of these materials can organically fit into the interior, filling the home with positive energy, adding stability and confidence.
None of the modern finishing materials are able to introduce natural energy, which is fraught with natural wood, into the interior. It fills the atmosphere of the home with living warmth, comfort and coziness.
In a room with wooden finishes, furniture and decor items, there is a natural flavor and connection with nature.
Seasons and fashion trends are replacing each other, but when arranging a home, it is important to take into account not only modern trends in interior design. You should always remember that housing is intended, first of all, for a person and his comfortable living.
The interior of the house in which we live has a great influence on our emotional state, behavior and even character. The latest trends in interior design are aimed at creating a beautiful and functional home in which it is comfortable to live and work. In such a house harmony reigns, every detail is thought out to the smallest detail, and the atmosphere is filled with warmth and comfort.