Tiles made of valuable natural materials, a simple, puristic look and bathroom furniture with clear lines: 2023 is all about timeless elegance. This year, the bathroom collections of well-known designers have taken up and further developed the trends of the previous year. We explain what the current bathroom trends for 2023.
- 1 The current bathroom trends for 2023 at a glance
- 1.1 What’s trending in the bathroom? Wabi-Sabi style naturalness
- 1.2 Current bathroom trends: fittings in anthracite
- 1.3 How do you tile a bathroom today? Marble as a trendy material for walls, granite tiles on the floor
- 1.4 Wooden bathroom: modern designs
- 1.5 Current bathroom trends for 2023: the shower cubicle
- 1.6 How do you tile a bathroom today? Terrazzo flooring and terrazzo slabs are enjoying increasing popularity
- 1.7 Current bathroom trends for 2023: copper or brass accents
- 1.8 What’s trending in the bathroom? Free-standing washbasins and washbasins with clear lines
- 1.9 Current bathroom trends: shower zone with bathtub
- 1.10 Bathroom trends 2023: wallpaper
- 1.11 Decorating bathrooms: The trends for 2023
Which bathrooms are modern in 2023? Naturalness is a top priority this year. At the same time, the bathroom appears in a new light and fascinates with a spa ambience. Fine materials such as marble, bathroom furniture with clear lines and sculptural fittings enhance the modern bathroom.
This year, too, a lot of value is placed on naturalness – but this time in the form of the minimalist naturalness of the Japanese Wabi Sabi style. The bathroom furniture has organic shapes, the floor tiles fascinate with their subtle motifs and the walls are plastered instead of tiled. Thanks to the choice of materials, natural stone and wood, the Wabi Sabi bathroom has a particularly homely feel and relaxes the senses with its neutral colour palette of sand and stone tones.
The bathroom in black and white has successfully asserted itself in recent years. In the past, anthracite was often chosen as the wall colour, nowadays the dark nuance is used as an accent. Black sinks and bathroom fittings give the room that certain something. Matt surfaces create attractive contrasts to glossy marble tiles. The interplay with a black washbasin is particularly effective.
Marble is not only high-quality, but also very trendy. The large- format marble tiles give the room depth and make it appear larger.
Granite tiles are also increasingly adorning the modern bathroom. They make great flooring and add a luxury upgrade. The matt surface of the granite tiles contrasts particularly attractively with the high-gloss marble tiles. Together they form the perfect monochrome background that best accentuates the simple design language of modern bathroom furniture.
Wood gives the bathroom a touch of coziness and warmth. The material will be used sparingly this year. Above all, bathroom furniture made of pine, oak or walnut is very popular. These woods have the property of absorbing moisture in the bathroom and then giving it up again.
Style is also very important in the shower cubicle. The new shower cabin has a floor in anthracite or gray and is tiled with terrazzo. In this way, the shower zone is optically emphasized.
In addition, new shower heads bring relaxation and comfort. Various types of jets ensure a true wellness feeling. Many showers are also equipped with dimmable LED lighting, the colour and intensity of which can be adjusted as desired and mood.
How do you tile a bathroom today? Terrazzo flooring and terrazzo slabs are enjoying increasing popularity
The terrazzo slabs are made of coloured rock chips. The small pieces of stone are bound with cement. The terrazzo floor has established itself as an alternative to the classic natural stone floor. Depending on which types of stone are mixed in, different effects and play of colours can be created. A terrazzo floor not only scores with an attractive appearance, but also offers many practical advantages: the high-quality floor covering is extremely durable, easy to care for and suitable for underfloor heating. No wonder it has become very popular in recent years.
This year we will also decorate the walls with terrazzo tiles. The result: a modern bathroom with an elegant touch.
So that the bathroom does not appear sterile and boring, use copper or brass accents. Together with wooden bathroom furniture, the warm metallic colours ensure comfort. They harmonize well with both white and black vanities and tiles and turn the bathroom into a relaxed oasis of well-being.
Washbasins with clear lines give the room structure. They can be perfectly combined with an illuminated mirror with a minimalist design. Generous oval countertop basins loosen up the strict, puristic look of the washbasin and at the same time underline the modern look of the room.
Freestanding sinks are making a real comeback this year. Washbasins designed as monoliths with a sculptural character are particularly popular. As a single or double solution, made of high-quality ceramic or natural stone: the free-standing washbasins are guaranteed to attract everyone’s attention.
A different kind of shower zone: this year, the bath tub will find its place in the shower zone. A practical design idea as it keeps the rest of the room dry. It is best to place the shower zone near a window. So you can ventilate the bathroom directly after showering.
The last trend is for those who want to add more character to the bathroom. You can highlight individual areas in the room with a wallpaper with a stylish pattern. However, be sure to use durable models. Fiberglass and vinyl wallpapers are best suited for use in the bathroom. Choose models that are washable and scrubbable because they can be cleaned with a soft brush.
A stylish decoration should not be missing in the modern bathroom. Accessories in green are currently in fashion – they blend harmoniously into the modern colour palette and give the room a fresh kick. Traditionally functional objects such as laundry baskets and side tables can also have a decorative effect. Scented candles make staying in the bathroom even more pleasant and various towel holders tone-in-tone with the colour of the fittings give the design the finishing touch.
The bathroom trends for 2023 are all about naturalness. We briefly summarize the most important trends again:
- Materials: Granite tiles for the floor, marble for the walls, terrazzo slabs for the shower zone and wallpaper as accents above the vanity.
- Colours: sand, cream and white for the walls. Anthracite, slate gray and black for an accent wall and for the floor respectively. Bronze and copper for the fittings, green for the accessories.
- Motifs: Geometric patterns, but also motifs inspired by nature such as waves, spirals and circles.
- Living style: minimalism, purism, wabi sabi.
- Bathroom furniture with clear lines, free-standing washbasins.
- Room division: Shower zone separated from the rest of the bathroom by glass walls.