Textiles add personality to the interior, making it complete and cozy. But beyond that, window decoration should regulate the amount of natural light in the room and ensure a comfortable stay. Are you planning to update the textiles in the hall? In this article, we show the latest fashionable living room curtains 2023 and talk about trends with photos of beautiful examples.
Main living room curtain trends 2022-2023
In all areas of design, there is a steady trend towards nature. This also applies to textiles – now more and more people prefer natural materials. Moreover, it does not have to be fabric: blinds and window panels are made of bamboo, wood, rice paper, matting.
The main idea is to create a comfortable and environmentally friendly environment inside an apartment or house. When choosing beautiful curtains for the living room, pay attention to the following natural materials.
- Cotton and linen are the most popular choices for curtains. Suitable for textile decor in ethno, eco and Scandinavian interiors. They are not electrified, hypoallergenic, keep clean for a long time and practically do not collect dust.
- Wool – used not only for clothing and cozy blankets, but also for window textiles. The texture is different: soft and fluffy, dense and thin. It is a durable, almost non-creasing material that retains heat for a long time (important in the cold season) and allows air to pass through well. Of the minuses, it requires careful maintenance and absorbs all the smells, so it is better to use woolen curtains not in a combined kitchen, but in a separate living room.
- Silk is thin and smooth, but at the same time highly durable fabric originally from China. Natural silk is expensive, so such curtains are usually chosen for premium interiors. The elegant material with a mesmerizing sheen blends perfectly with grand classic and neoclassical living rooms.
- Atlas is also one of the most expensive fabrics, created using a unique weaving technique. Initially, it was made exclusively from silk thread, but today natural or artificial fibers are almost always added to satin to reduce the price and increase strength.
But the environmental friendliness of materials does not mean choosing an exclusively neutral palette. Another trend for the coming years is deep and saturated colors, with the help of which you can revive the color scheme of the interior.
You can experiment with any color, but there will be a wide variety of natural stories trending.
- earthy shades (brown, gray, beige, brown)
- plant motifs (all green variants)
- colors of natural materials (dark gray, beige, terracotta, brown, black)
- cold spectrum (shades of blue and light blue, foggy gray, gray)
- gems (emerald, dark red, gold)
If you want to use color accents in textiles, it is better to choose not pure colors, but their deep, slightly dusty shades – they look noble, play beautifully against the background of the rest of the palette and do not tire the eye.
Another general trend that captures all areas of interior decoration. Minimalism in this case does not mean radical asceticism, but a deliberate approach to housing. There should be nothing superfluous in the room, and what is, provides comfort, and does not make life difficult.
In this regard, the rejection of complex textile compositions that require careful maintenance and for the most part are simply decorative. Curtains should be durable, hypoallergenic, simple in shape. Visually head for monochromatic fabrics that stand out for their texture. If they have a pattern, then it should be restrained, preferably low-contrast (unless you have a living room in shabby chic or Provence styles). In the top – abstraction, geometry and stylized floral motifs.
In order for a modern minimalist room to still remain cozy, it is possible – and even necessary – to combine several textures. Velvet and tulle, cotton and organza – any experiments for which your imagination is enough are possible.
You can combine fabrics of different density, as well as textures of the same order, as well as natural and artificial materials. In order not to be mistaken with the combination, it is better to select similar textures, avoiding dangerous contrasts: dense matte corduroy with organza, chintz with brocade, etc.
Styles for living room curtains 2023
Above, we examined the general trends in window decoration. Now let’s tell you in more detail what curtains are now in fashion for the living room. Take note of ideas.
Classic curtains never go out of style – they are a versatile choice for any style. Depending on the design of the room, these can be heavy velvet curtains complete with transparent fabrics or lighter curtains made of natural materials.
Standard fabrics are usually used in combination with some other type of curtain: curtains with tulle, blinds or blackouts with sheer voile, etc. The number of different materials for one opening depends on the size of the room and the style of the interior. The smaller the room, the easier the window design should be. Classic assumes an abundance of dense and complex fabrics, but minimalism and hi-tech – on the contrary.
But Japanese curtains are a novelty that will only become more popular. They are sometimes called panels and screens due to their structural features. They are a structure of several rectangular canvases that move to the side according to the principle of sliding doors. A weight is attached to the bottom edge of the panels, which prevents them from wrapping. Since the sliding panels are arranged in 3-5 rows, they need a special cornice – a profile with several tracks and moving elements for each canvas.
This type of window decoration originated in small Japanese apartments and has now spread to western interiors. Most often, the canvases are made from natural fabrics, but the matter is not limited to them – any materials of medium density are used, for example, rice paper, bamboo plates, jute, etc.
Japanese panels are suitable for any home, whether it be a country mansion or a small apartment – manufacturers offer a large selection of sizes. The colors of such screens, as a rule, are neutral, in a natural range: in the top there are shades of beige, gray and brown. There are both plain and with an ornament. Suitable for interiors in modern, oriental, boho and eco-style.
Increasingly, designers are choosing stylish blinds instead of traditional curtains in the living room in a modern style (photo below). This is especially true for minimalist and modern interiors, where the amount of decor is reduced to a minimum, and the need to create coziness in the traditional sense – with the help of an abundance of multi-layered textiles, disappears.
Blinds are made from a variety of materials: plastic, bamboo, wood, aluminum, fabric, and even paper. Structurally, they can be vertical or horizontal. The first ones move in one direction or from the middle in different directions, the lamellas can be rotated 180 degrees. The second ones rotate around their axis, adjusting the amount of light entering the hall, and rise upward.
By the principle of operation, they are similar to blinds, but in structure they are closer to classic curtains. Their main advantage is their compactness, so Roman blinds can be used in the living room of any size. They cover only the window opening, without overloading the space. A laconic look allows you to fit them not only into the classics, but also into most modern interiors.
There are two main types.
- Classic – a smooth fabric that gathers upward on a lace.
- Cascading – the material, even when opened, forms a drapery.
Any of these types can be used as the only window textile, or combined with curtains, tulle and any other curtains.
What you need to know when choosing window textiles for the living room?
- Consider the general style. You can pick up fashionable curtains, but if they look foreign in the general atmosphere of the room, they will not only not decorate it, but also spoil the impression of the interior. It is not necessary to thoroughly study the canons of each style – common sense is enough. Heavy expensive fabrics, complex draperies are suitable for a traditional hall, but hardly for a small Scandinavian living room.
- The location of the room is important. If the windows face south and there is always a lot of sun in the room, the main task of the curtains will be to restrict the flow of natural light. In this case, you can safely take dense materials, and in addition you may need blackouts. If, on the contrary, there is not enough sunlight, do not block it – use light, translucent, flowing matter.
- The smaller the living room, the simpler the textiles should be. Instead of floor-length satin curtains, it is better to choose simple curtains made of cotton, wool or a high-quality mixed fabric. Another option for small spaces is compact Roman or Japanese curtains.
- Combine with other elements. If the fabric on the windows is monochromatic, it is desirable that its color be repeated in the general palette – or at least there were similar tones. If the curtains are patterned, it should to some extent coincide with other ornaments in the living room.
- Don’t forget the details. Curtains are not only a piece of fabric, but also complementary elements: cornice, tie-backs, etc. Beautiful fittings can transform a window opening. For example, recently, curtains on eyelets – fasteners in the form of large or medium rings – have become especially popular.
- A question of accents. Finally, the role of the curtains in the room is important. If you want to draw attention to the window opening, then you can safely choose bright, complex curtains or accent blinds. If the textiles should be a neutral background (especially if you do not want to focus on small windows), then choose curtains of simple cut and neutral tones that will practically merge with the decoration.
New windows are not only functional, but also a key factor in a perfectly designed room. Regardless of your style, from modern to contemporary or traditional, investing in quality window treatments can dramatically change the look of a room.
Glam Couture is a combination of fabrics, patterns and color palettes that can add a dazzling personality to your living space. Imagine catwalk fashion trends filled with detail and expression. “A beautiful setting creates great feelings and great memories,” said Budget Blinds, describing Glam Couture on their blog.
For those who are inspired by the past but want the fashion of the present to accentuate their living space. Transitional Classic leaves room for new color combinations and materials, mixing them with old design elements that are timelessly classic.
Bold patterns, colors and textures have returned to the rage in fashion fabrics and accessories designed to create beautiful window coverings for those who are a little daring. Think bright colors, stimulating shapes, and decorative accessories. This trend will take you somewhere far away or even in the past, but rest assured you will love it.
Let’s open things up and take them to where you feel most comfortable, naturally. Simple, comfortable and functional window coverings that bring a sense of relaxation and coziness to your favorite rooms in the house. For those who prefer not to fuss, this window treatment trend is just what you need.
This style will bring a contrast between sophisticated and rustic fabrics and furniture. It is elegant, luxurious and can be anything you want it to be. Rough Luxe is a style that attracts opposites, from glossy smooth to grainy in texture.
Window treatment trends for 2023
When a new year begins, it usually comes with its share of good resolutions in order to make changes in our lives, and even in our environment. This is an excellent time to embark on home renovations or even in the makeover of certain rooms.
To do this, there are many elements to consider when you want to create a warm and harmonious decor. You guessed it, the treatment of your windows is one of them and is even an important factor that will make all the difference in your decor. Here are some trends to dress your windows in 2023.
Window treatment trends to follow in 2023
Roman or roller blinds
If you want to have a minimalist and refined style, the option of treatment the windows with Roman blinds or roller blinds is a wise choice. This style fits perfectly into all types of decor, especially in the concept of modern interiors, in a hi-tech environment or to match a retro look. Roman shades are also chosen because of their very convenient functionality to use.
The high curtains, that is to say the curtains starting from the ceiling to the floor, are still popular in 2023. It is a very popular choice when you want to give an effect of grandeur to the room, the windows are small or large.
Automatic roller shutters
Who has never wished they could adjust the natural lighting in the room by not putting their foot out of bed or by not moving from their comfortable position on the sofa? This is what automatic roller shutters allow you. In 2023, there are now many options on the market, in addition to finding roller shutters, you can also choose between vertical or horizontal blinds, of course all automatic.
Colours: neutral tones and natural shades
In 2023, the connection with nature will be very popular in the decorations. It is for this reason that we must opt for neutral colors reminiscent of simplicity and naturalness by the same token. Thus, we choose neutral tones such as beige or milk color to soften the decor of the room. When we talk about natural colors, we are referring in particular to colors such as green, blue or even brown.
Fabrics and prints
In the same vein, we choose trendy fabrics such as cotton or linen to dress our windows. Velvet will still be present for this new year or even other types of dense fabrics, depending on the desired effect. For the more daring, atypical floral prints are also to be tried in 2023. For the more conservative, sheer curtains to accompany classic curtains are still very much in vogue.
All in all, window treatment is an essential element to consider in order to have a balanced and harmonious decor. Whatever look you want to give a room, you’ll find the perfect window treatment for a magazine-worthy result! It’s time to wake up the designer who sleeps in you!
Ten years ago, blinds were an office functional and decorative design element. And today they are increasingly used for the design of residential premises. With the development of technology, their new types appear, which can not only effectively protect the room from bright sunlight, but also decorate the interior, bring zest to it. A list from the most popular to expensive models can be found on the website zhaluse.ru. We will find out what fashionable novelties of window blinds trends 2023.
A review of the most fashionable blinds trends 2023 should start with the most versatile type of such window structures – pleated blinds. They are installed on windows of even non-standard shapes and sizes. To let sunlight into the room, you need:
- pull the string;
- turn the construction handle on the side of the window.
At the same time, the canvas stretches and folds like an accordion.
For the manufacture of pleated blinds, corrugated material is used, which can be single-layer or multi-layer. Such curtains on the windows are good because they perfectly protect the room from sunlight, and at the same time they are inexpensive. The choice of colors is so huge that it allows you to choose a model for any interior style. This season, trendy pieces made of thick paper or fabric in saturated solid colors are relevant.
For the manufacture of Roman blinds, dense or light translucent materials are used. Therefore, they can partially transmit sunlight or provide complete darkness. It all depends on what type of fabric they are made of. The material itself in them, as a rule, is impregnated with a special composition that protects it from fading in the sun and dust settling.
The fabric webs in the structure fold when lifted and form horizontal folds. Such curtains look very homely and are often used to decorate windows:
- in the kitchen;
- in the children’s room;
- in the bedroom.
The choice of textures and colors of the material for their manufacture is truly huge. This season, the most fashionable will be models from canvases with various prints: floral, tiger, tropics and others.
Multifunctional blinds are a construction of plastic or fabric slats of various shades superimposed on each other. In this case, beautiful multi-colored patterns are obtained. Such blinds are considered to be the most spectacular and beautiful decorative elements in the line of such devices. In terms of visual effect, they can be compared with expensive exclusive porters.
Interior designers often use them to decorate large banquet and concert halls, hotels and offices.
For the arrangement of living rooms, it is recommended to use fabric multiimpressive blinds. The main thing here is to choose the right type and color of the material. This season, fashionable models from tapestry and jacquard are especially popular. For tulle slats, you should choose an opaque light fabric that scatters sunlight.
Wooden blinds are one of the most expensive options. They look expensive, solid and presentable. For their manufacture, wood species of wood, having a light weight, are used. Therefore, the whole structure, although it looks impressive, weighs a little.
Curtains with wooden flat slats look appropriate in the interior in Art Deco, Provence, Eco-style.
Light slats on the window will make the room visually wider, fill it with light. Wood of dark shades looks noble. But it is worth bearing in mind that such blinds visually narrow the space, make the room darker. Such models were fashionable last year. In the 2023 season, they will not lose their relevance.
Roller blinds with photo printing
Vertical or horizontal blinds with photo printing will be very popular in 2023. The image is applied to the lamellas in such a way that, when closed, a uniform pattern is obtained on them. Such a fashionable element of window decor will favorably emphasize any interior style. They can decorate a child’s room or living room.
The drawing can be any:
- pictures of nature;
- urban landscape.
You can buy them ready-made or order according to your sketches. Thus, the blinds, having “migrated” from office design to the modern interior of residential premises, make it special and very fashionable. The main thing is to show imagination and ingenuity when choosing them.