Balcony design is not what you think about first. And yet, in 2021, balcony is needed! To feel comfortable even at home, we offer a variety of ideas: from a mini-greenhouse to a lounge zone.
In general, the repair of the balcony is worth carrying out in any case: this is your legal area, received with the purchase of an apartment. If you seriously think about the design of the balcony, ideas from newdecortrends will help you decorate the space beautifully. We offer solutions based on common areas: 3, 6 or 12 square meters.
We create a greenhouse. Even a more or less decent wardrobe will not fit into a balcony of 3 square meters or less. Alternatively, order it according to individual sizes. But you can forget about the endless heap of clothes and think about the beautiful – for example, flowers. How many of them are bored on the windowsills? Modern apartments offer almost no wide window openings, pots have to “huddle” anywhere. The way out is to take a balcony to the flower kingdom and enjoy a beautiful view every day. And if you stock up on plants in advance that bloom even in winter, you will enjoy not only the snow that has fallen outside the window, but also the Christmas poinsettia.
You can take a balcony to the flower kingdom and enjoy the beautiful view every day.
We play around the view . Some apartments are expensive purely because of the view: the design leaves much to be desired, but a gorgeous landscape opens up in front of you on the Old Town. What to do in this case? A wicker chair, warm blanket and tea table will be the best solution. The gaze does not meet anything superfluous and strives for the main thing – the most beautiful panorama behind the railing.
A wicker chair, a warm blanket and a tea table will be a good design solution.
We equip a cozy corner. If the climate allows you to spend a lot of time outdoors, why not take advantage of it? It is easy to organize a dining area or a place for receiving guests on the balcony of 6-9 sq m. A soft sofa with many pillows adjusts to harmony with the surrounding world. Even after a hard day at work, reading a book on the balcony is relaxing. Choose a suitable balcony design: Provence, country or shabby chic styles create real coziness.
It is easy to organize a dining area or reception area on the balcony.
We sunbathe and relax. The area of 6-9 sq m is such a place where you can’t really turn around. Don’t you want to fool yourself? Put on a couple of sun loungers and enjoy the sun. And in the evening on the balcony you can arrange a friendly party: neighbors will not complain about the noise in the apartment, and you can relax.
Put on a couple of sun loungers and enjoy the sun.
We increase the usable area. When the balcony is 12 squares, then feel free to organize a separate room! Glazing will help with this. Do not overdo it only with furniture (the building board may not withstand the load). A cabinet made of a table and a chair, a guest room with a sofa or a bar counter will become a simple and practical solution.
Feel free to organize a separate room on the balcony.
Someone glazes the balcony and demolishes the wall – so the room grows, you can put a sofa in the free space or take out the dining area. We advise you not to conflict with builders and organize a flower area. Especially on the balcony on the south side – there will be enough light. Look after the special shelving or order your split level one. So there is a place for small pots, and tall palms, and creeping plants.
We advise you to organize a flower area on the balcony.
A couple of years ago there was a trendy pallet furniture. But maybe you will like it now too? It looks stylish and is inexpensive. You can see how to make a sofa from building pallets and sew pillows on the Internet. Remember to sand the surface for a pleasant sitting experience. For the winter, the situation should still be moved indoors – no filler can withstand such an amount of moisture.
On the balcony there is room for small pots, tall palms, and creepers.
A coffee table and a couple of armchairs won’t take up much space. To make the space visually larger, choose light colors: the design of the balcony in white, beige, sandy shades will be just right. Scandinavian decor is now in vogue: a lot of space, 1-2 pots of flowers and a minimum of furniture.
To make the space visually larger, choose light colors
If practicality is a priority – organize an office, fortunately, space allows. True, you need to glaze and insulate the balcony. Be sure to consult with an architect before renovation! He will calculate the load and decide which materials can be used. Additional reinforcement may be needed.
Scandinavian decor is in fashion now: a lot of space and a minimum of furniture.
Balcony 12 square meters – a whole room! As in the case above, we glass and insulate the room together with the architect. What can be organized here? Anything from a teen’s room to a separate dressing room! By the way, the latter solution is becoming more and more popular in Moscow. Compact storage systems free up a lot of space in the apartment. The balcony is used 100% efficiently. Do not forget about covers and door system – this will save things from fading in the sun.
Do not forget only about covers – this will save things from fading in the sun.
In elite residential buildings and cottages, a spacious balcony becomes a terrace where you can sunbathe, receive guests, and hold family dinners. The space is finished with wooden slats, the fences are changed to tinted ones. Being on such a balcony means feeling like you are on vacation, and the atmosphere should be conducive to this. We recommend wicker rattan furniture plus designer figurines. Looks expensive and emphasizes the good taste of the owners.
A spacious balcony can become a terrace where you can sunbathe and receive guests.
How does a balcony differ from a loggia? What architectural difficulties should be considered when renovating?
– The balcony and the loggia are two completely different elements from an aesthetic and constructive point of view. A balcony is a cantilever slab protruding beyond the outer part of the building and having only one support point, and a loggia is a room built into the plane of the facade, which has two or three support points. Recently, many are rebuilding the loggia into an independent room. You just need to glaze, insulate, think over the planning solution and the room is ready! This can also be done with balconies, but I do not recommend doing this for two reasons:
- It is dangerous to load the balcony slab with glazing and insulation without preliminary calculation of the loads! After all, balconies are conceived as a decorative element of the facade and a small seating area. Even with furniture, I would not recommend overloading;
- the appearance of the glazed balcony is also not happy. Especially if people are trying to increase its area through additional structures. It looks extremely ridiculous.
If you have a balcony, do not glaze or clutter it up with things, let it be a beautiful playground for a summer vacation.
What is the hottest balcony design in 2021 that customers ask most?
– I can say with confidence about such a trend in 2021 as a balcony-cabinet. Many people switch to remote work, a separate workplace is required, and for this they take the balcony. I am glad that my clients are very sensitive to the loggias-balconies – they pay attention to the storage of things, a place for relaxation. Hanging chairs, mini sofas, bar stools are very popular now.
Which fence looks best on the balcony: grates or brick wall? Can the balcony be remodeled?
– Definitely forged fence looks more interesting. Various variations of performance, implementation of author’s ideas are possible. I am attracted by houses with glass balconies – they look fresh, give lightness to facades. You can rebuild a balcony if you have your own home. If you live in a high-rise building, self-rebuilding violates the integrity of the architectural composition. In addition, this is prohibited in the area of the historic center. On my last trip to Europe, I remembered high-rise buildings with structured balconies, no one even thought of rebuilding and glassing them. It looks neat and beautiful.
What interior design trends do you like? Share in the comments: