Ethnic motifs, a separate dressing room, an emphasis on the headboard – we have collected the most current bedroom trends 2024 that will make your bedroom trendy.
The bedroom is the most private room in the house. There is no need to impress anyone here, but it is important to create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere in which you want to fall asleep and wake up. In this article, we tell you what trends in the design of the private area are waiting for us in the new year and share ideas for designing a functional and fashionable bedroom.
Popular bedroom interior styles 2024
In recent years, the perception of minimalism has changed: from a cold, uncomfortable style “not for everyone”, it has become the norm. Gone are the associations with large empty spaces and one designer chair per several square meters.
Modern minimalism is the conciseness of forms and the elegance of simple lines; natural, eye-pleasing palette; high-quality, mostly natural materials; lack of unnecessary things and clutter.
In the rest room, this concept echoes the European approach to home design: all activity is in the common space of the kitchen-living room, while the bedroom performs its main function and there should not be anything superfluous in it (even a TV !).
Preference is given to natural colors and materials, several types of textures are combined, a minimum of decor. The main role in the room is assigned to the bed – it should be comfortable and functional. Multi-level lighting is required: overhead light, local for reading, contour night lighting. Storage should be hidden, ideally a separate mini-wardrobe for clothes.
One of the main bedroom trends of 2024 is ethnic notes in the interior. There should not be many of them so that the room does not turn into a hall of an ethnographic museum. It is enough to add a few details depending on the main style. What exactly to include?
- Japanese-Chinese motifs – wallpaper prints, decor made of rice paper, ceramics or bamboo, screens, silk textiles.
- African elements – animal prints, fur and leather, beige and brown palette, wooden masks and figurines, wicker decorations.
- Oriental notes – ornaments characteristic of the Arab countries, carpets, multi-colored pouffes, red-orange colors, copper and brass.
Ethnic perfectly complements minimalism, boho and eco-style. Also, these elements can soften brutal loft or grunge.
Scandinavian style, like minimalism, smoothly turns into the category of classics, and therefore will not disappear from the interiors in the near future. It is good in the first place because it is easy to repeat and implement even as part of an economy repair. It does not require large spaces and expensive materials. The main idea is the practicality and comfort of everyday life. Even a small room should be bright, cozy and not cluttered.
To create a Scandinavian bedroom interior design like in the photo below, use the following tricks.
- Calm colors: pastel colors, shades of beige and brown, black, white and gray as a base.
- Bright accents that enliven the atmosphere – it can be bright blue, burgundy, orange, ocher, purple.
- Natural materials, as much wood as possible.
- Natural fabrics, decor from rattan, clay, straw, wood.
- Light neutral finish.
- Simple and practical furniture.
Bedroom colors 2024
Monochrome colors do not lose ground: this option is easy to implement and suitable for all current styles. Monopalette can be of two types.
- A combination of three achromats – black, white, gray.
- Using many shades of one or two adjacent colors – for example, brown and beige.
The main danger of such a color scheme is that the room can look flat and boring. This problem is solved primarily with the help of a variety of textures: the same shade will play differently on soft and hard, smooth and rough, glossy and matte surfaces. Also, a monochrome range can be diluted with a couple of bright accents, and the right multi-level lighting will help. And contrasting dark details will make the space more graphic.
There have always been and will continue to be heated discussions around white interiors – total white can really seem like a controversial decision. But it is not necessary to make the room completely snow-white.
In the coming year, natural materials and light colors are in trend – white can be taken as a universal base and supplemented with other colors.
The main advantages of white in the bedroom
- Will fit into any style.
- Will not go out of fashion in a year or ten years.
- Visually enlarges the space (an indispensable quality in a small room).
- Reflects light, makes the room more airy and bright;
- It goes well with any colors.
So that the bedroom does not seem like a hospital ward, use white as a base (for example, for wall and ceiling decoration) and complement it with richer colors, a cozy texture of wood, and tactilely pleasant colorful textiles. Later, if you want to update the interior, it will be easy to do – just change the details and add other colors to the palette.
Rapprochement with nature in all aspects can already be called a sustainable trend. In urban apartments, there is a lack of greenery, fresh air and landscapes that set you up for relaxation, so there are so many natural variations among fashionable colors.
In 2024, pay attention to the following palettes
- The color of the sand – in particular, inspired by the film “Dune”.
- The colors of minerals are gray, blue, dark green, muted purple tones.
- Soil shades – brown, brown, terracotta, dark red, gray-green, mossy.
Bedroom Design Trends 2024
If you look at fashionable photos of bedroom interiors in an apartment, the headboard immediately attracts attention almost everywhere. And this is quite logical: in the rest room, the bed occupies a central place, and eyes should be riveted to it – and an unusual beautiful headboard will best cope with this task.
You can focus attention on it in different ways, so several directions can be distinguished within the trend.
- Massive headboard-panel – can be made of the same material as the bed frame, as if continuing it, or be part of the wall, thus blurring the boundaries between furniture and decoration.
- Designer product – or vice versa handmade. The most important thing is that it should be a unique author’s creation, which becomes not just a constructive part of the bed, but also a real art object. The effect can be achieved through an unusual shape, textured material, bright color or ornament.
- Accent wall – in this option, the entire wall behind the bed (or most of it) is visually highlighted. The installation can continue the headboard or replace it altogether.
The desire for perfect symmetry came to us from classical interiors, where this principle is the basis, without which it is impossible to build a room composition. Today there is a departure from strict canons, the space of the room is perceived not as a plane for verified drawings, but as a field for experiments and a flight of fancy.
In the bedroom, this trend manifests itself primarily in the departure from the rule of two identical bedside tables. They can be replaced with two different ones, completely abandon one or hang a shelf. The same goes for pendant lights or sconces – they do not have to be combined and present strictly on both sides.
Even the bed can be placed not in the center, but, for example, moved closer to the window or to one wall. At the same time, furniture does not need to be arranged thoughtlessly and chaotically: everything must obey logic and ergonomics. To make the space visually look harmonious (and symmetry is precisely responsible for this), balance the elements: for example, if the bed is shifted to one side, place an armchair, dressing table or flower in a corner diagonally.
One of the main trends of this and next year is separate dressing rooms. Finally, it became clear that this is not a privilege of elite housing – you can allocate a few square meters even in a small bedroom of a typical apartment. In terms of area, such a mini-wardrobe takes up not much more space than a built-in wardrobe.
You can organize such a zone by converting the pantry, if it is adjacent to the recreation area. Or select a part of the room (for example, in the corner) and separate the dressing room with sliding screens. Models made of translucent corrugated glass look especially beautiful.
If the bedroom is narrow and long, the wardrobe will help to adjust the proportions – for example, if you organize it behind the headboard. So the living part of the room will not seem so elongated.
And finally, one more general trend – the pandemic has completely changed the format of work, so now no one can do without a home office. If the apartment is small, it is unlikely that it will be possible to allocate a separate room for him – but you can organize a compact workplace right in the bedroom.
This can be done in different ways.
- Allocate a place next to the bed or opposite by placing a computer desk and chair against the wall.
- Insulate the loggia – organize an office right there.
- If there is not enough space, and there is no balcony, continue the window sill to a small table, organizing a work area by the window.