Textiles are a sought-after accessory in modern interior design. Whatever some experts claim, insisting on blinds and other technical delights, it is impossible to find an equivalent to window curtains. The harmony of the combination with the rest of the interior details is the main condition for the success of a professional or home artist. Modern kitchen curtains 2024 defines curtains in the kitchen as meeting 4 criteria – beauty and comfort, functionality, fire safety and the style chosen for this room.
Looking at the photo of the curtains for the kitchen offered in the new designs of 2024, you can pay attention to the main directions, among which last year’s fashion trends are still firmly felt, but there are also some innovations. Under the trend definition are listed:
- Minimalism, which has long taken a leading position. It notes the absence of unnecessary details and the harmony between the selected pieces of furniture, the design of the room and the decorative components.
- A color scheme that hints at a merger with nature, up to a floral ornament, simplified, stylized, almost abstract, and not prints that repeat flowers and leaves with photographic accuracy.
- Two-tone fabric curtains have dominated for several years. This is a consequence of the rejection of the pattern and the boring perception of plain textiles. In 2024, there are two options – the same fabric, but in different shades, a restrained monotone background with accent framing or overprinting.
- Lightness and light colors – as the main requirement for the character and color of textiles are still in demand, but have acquired a habitually utilitarian direction. Recommended for windows in the northern and western directions, a kitchen combined with a loggia, to create an optical illusion of illumination. Here you can use yellow, orange and hot pink shades.
- Layering, as a way to create a dominant accent – colors, different textures of canvases. Tulle and blinds are good for certain functional room options. With the right selection, this decorative detail is also used on a large area (kitchen-living room in a private house, a tiny kitchenette in a panel house).
- The rejection of textiles is also mentioned as a manifestation of total minimalism, however, only the inhabitants of the premises on the upper floors of high-rise buildings and heavily darkened kitchens can speak of the appropriateness of such a decision.
- The cornice is an area of experiments and innovative solutions. He pays great attention to the design of curtains for 2024 for the kitchen. Some of the suggestions are useful to read, they may be useful to owners of a small space for cooking.
The leading designer of the company: “In our projects, we take into account not so much fashion trends and recommendations from glossy publications as the shape and size of the room, the priorities of the owners in choosing the style direction. There is such a thing as relevance (without blindly following fashion). Curtains are a way to enlarge or reduce a space, to give it a beautiful cut. Doing without them is a bad idea, it is good only for a monastic cell or a very lazy housewife.
Additional selection criteria
The design of kitchen window treatments in 2024, as in any other time period, implies several important points, and they are important in a room of any size. From the proposed fashion designers, you need to choose the most suitable option, taking into account the characteristics of your space.
The emphasis of new products on the photo design of curtains for the kitchen in 2024 is made on noble shades borrowed from nature:
- White and black never go out of style. They can also be used in two-tone curtains, another fashionable detail.
- Dazzling white is impractical in a kitchen setting, and black is gloomy in poor lighting: all sorts of shades of gray come in handy in combination with them, on the ceiling, floor and furniture.
- Multifaceted brown is easy to combine with green and terracotta, which are back in fashion. At the same time, it is quite effective in a monotonous version.
- Sunlight plays well in straw, lime, dominant yellow, gold and beige – and this is a bonus in a room where there is not enough light.
- Any fashionable shades are good in the asymmetric arrangement of window openings. You can hang different curtains on two windows – ivory and dark gray. Terracotta with white – a trend towards asymmetry. It is stable and entrenched in design finds.
Photos of stylish curtains for the kitchen clearly demonstrate in 2024 the trend towards a combination of different shades of the same color, pale tone and contrasting finishes, the moderate use of stylized floral ornaments, the rejection of already slightly boring geometry and intrusive abstraction.
The democratic nature of modern fashion trends is especially evident in the different forms of the kitchen, its merging with others – the living room, dining room, loggia, the use of previously unused space – corners, window sills, doorways. Hence the absence of restrictions on the use of short, long curtains, combinations of canvases of different sizes, symbolic framing of a semicircular window with transparent tulle and denser drapes.
Recommendations for designing curtains for windows in the kitchen – in the photo posted from the beginning of 2024:
- On a window on an unoccupied wall or with a full-width opening – you can hang curtains to the floor. Thick curtains and sheer curtains made of organza, voile or tulle are also suitable here.
- If the sink or countertop is located near the window opening, then roll-curtains, blinds, short drapes will do.
- When the table is located near the window, there is a great opportunity for a light arch that opens up a view of the landscape or sky.
- In a kitchen combined with a loggia, a curtain on the floor for a doorway and a decorative one for a window will look good.
The choice of fabric is dictated by the location and amount of light, the floor, the proximity of the neighboring house’s windows, or the open space. Long curtains are good for masking open and unused space, short ones – where it is planned rationally and you just need to ennoble the opening and cover the window frames, leaving only glass for viewing. Special attention should be paid to the most popular trends.
You can list the undeniable advantages of Roman curtains for the kitchen for a long time – versatility, practicality, directness and elegance: all this is clear without explanation, just look at the photo of design 2024. Demand among buyers has led to the possibility of purchasing ready-made models and ordering according to individual parameters. Roller blinds are called a kind of Roman, but you should not mix these two concepts.
If we compare textiles and blinds, the advantage of the first option is undeniable, as is its diversity – cascading, classic, beautiful and easy to manufacture frameless. They can be made a subject of preference.
For those who are afraid of the wisdom of care and maintenance, the need for installation, classic fabric curtains and curtains remain. It remains only to discuss fabrics for them and trendy cornices.
Looking at the photo of the design of modern curtains for the kitchen in 2024, one can note a steady trend towards abandoning the cornice as a decorative detail. The time of wooden, tubular metal with knob-balls, carved panels is irretrievably a thing of the past. Popular – minimalism and Scandinavian style in the design of functional premises literally squeezed out sharp corners and unnecessary structural details from the space. But to return to the primitive fishing line is also not worth it. The trend is hidden cornices, a system located behind a false ceiling and mounted even before its installation.
The reason for the popularity is the amazing effect of floating in the air, especially if it is enhanced by backlighting. For a square-shaped kitchen, this is an ideal opportunity to give it height and grace. The lack of height for a false ceiling is not a reason to leave a boring and obsolete cornice in the kitchen. You can refuse it by hanging blinds on each sash or Roman blinds on both.
Cotton and linen are not the easiest materials to care for, but they are always on trend and look expensive. You can find a blended fabric with a slight addition of synthetics that imitates the texture of natural. No matter how whimsical fashion changes its preferences, this option will always look expensive.
The second demanded direction is high-quality fabrics combined with light and transparent ones. The second detail of the decor can be changed at least annually – with butterflies, polka dots, embroidery or without any decor.
The laconic design of curtains for a kitchen without a balcony 2024 can consist of thick long curtains, a combination of short and long, transparent and thick ones. Instead of ruffles, rounded folds are now used, multi-colored canvases hung in parallel, imitation of curtains along the top, in combination with Roman frameless ones. There are many such options, but only Japanese panels, which are especially in demand with the current trend towards environmental friendliness, can be attributed to the novelties.
The consumer still has:
- roller shutters;
- blinds, conventional design and bamboo, double.
Here the scope of imagination is not limited by any canons. Combining lace and fabric with a coupon pattern, a small check with a large floral ornament, a plain one with ribbons and pompoms, you can get your own original version.
You can think of a few forgotten coffee curtains that cover only the lower half of the window and leave room for daylight or street light that enters through the free space of glass. Fashion trends are democratic, and despite some dictatorship in the field of minimization, they still allow hard lambrequins, eyelets, picturesque drapes and unexpected combinations.