Interior solutions and the style of the premises are determined by fashion trends. Manufacturers of furniture, floor coverings, textiles participate in annual exhibitions, which determine which trends will be relevant this year. We have selected up-to-date reviews of popular laminate options, which we will introduce you to in our article. With the information provided, it is easy and simple to choose materials for finishing houses and apartments, paying attention to the surrounding interior.
Top flooring trends in 2023
Laminate design novelties in 2023 allow you to create an interior for every taste. Flooring manufacturers offer up-to-date color options from classic wood textures to bright and colorful collections. When choosing the right laminate design, you need to pay attention to the following factors:
- layout of the premises and its division into zones;
- type of furniture, finishing materials, lighting options;
- types of textiles – curtains, carpets, accessories complementing the interior, furniture upholstery.
Guided by the listed factors, you should select the color of the laminate, top coat, texture, pattern. If a specialist is engaged in a design project, he takes into account the preference of the customer, and offers several options for fashionable laminate floor trends in 2023. Let us consider in more detail what fashion trends for laminate are offered by manufacturers.
Wooden floors never go out of style. Natural board looks beautiful in the room, while it is convenient and practical. Among the options on the market, parquet and solid boards with a pronounced texture are in demand. Of course, the cost of an array is far from accessible to everyone, so the owners are looking for an equivalent alternative – and this is a laminate.
Modernlaminate- these are multilayer boards, the design of which is designed for medium and high loads. Laminate floors are much cheaper than parquet, while they do not differ in design, and are not inferior in technical characteristics. The fashionable laminate in 2023 is considered to be a rustic floor, as well as lamellas with visual irregularities, wavy patterns that will make the interior more comfortable.
Designers note that in 2023, herringbone decors will return to fashion. For this reason, the model range of most manufacturers has been replenished with new collections of Christmas trees in two varieties:
- Hungarian Christmas tree (found under the name English or classic) – the dice are laid at an angle of 90 degrees to each other. The popularity of this pattern is due to the fact that the planks are assembled at an angle, and the pattern is not formed by printing. This design forced manufacturers to modernize the locking system on the boards, so that the short side of the lamella was joined to the long one. The Hungarian Christmas tree laminate laying technology is more complicated than the standard method, and therefore the cost of installation work is higher. Despite the costs, the final result exceeds all expectations, due to an interesting and unusual pattern.
- French Christmas tree – the location of the slats at an angle of 45 or 60 degrees. In comparison with the Hungarian Christmas tree, the effect can be achieved by imitating a pattern on a wide laminate plank. At the moment, there is no opportunity for trademarks to produce separate dies that were assembled in such a pattern. Choosing a floor covering for such a pattern should be carefully, since far from all manufacturers offer decors worthy of beauty.
Multifunctional premises require a special selection of finishing materials, especially for rooms with several zones. For these purposes, designers select a combination of several coatings – laminate and tile, laminate and parquet. The combination of several materials looks original. With the help of two coatings, it is possible to successfully zone the space of the kitchen and dining room.
In addition to the combination of several coatings, the modern look has a combination of different colors – dark and light. In separate interiors, designers combine up to 3-4 colors.
You can combine not only colors, but also sizes. Some manufacturers put laminate collections on the market in one color, but in different sizes. By connecting boards with a width of 139 mm and 189 mm, it is possible to achieve an unusual floor design.
The floor of the kitchen, hall, hallway, bathroom, as a rule, is laid with tiles and porcelain stoneware. We agree that such a solution is practical, but there are a number of disadvantages associated with the complexity of installation and the features of the surface, which is cold to the touch and hard. What to do in the case when the owner of the apartment wants to see the pattern of the stone or the characteristic pattern of the tile, but does not want to lay the tile, given the shortcomings?
Laminate manufacturers have provided a solution to this problem, and are launching collections of laminate flooring imitating tiles on the market. So fashionable laminate 33 classwear resistance, characterized by increased thickness, the locking system is reliably protected from moisture, which increases the service life of the floor.
Moisture resistance, a reliable protective layer allow you to lay the coating in the bathroom, in the kitchen, as well as in other high-traffic areas with high humidity. Manufacturers of modern laminate in 2023 guarantee that, subject to the operating conditions, their products will last for many years, without the risk of deformation, and retain an attractive appearance. Trademarks also provide recommendations on issues such as cleaning your own laminate flooring, care secrets.
When browsing and evaluating laminate flooring trends in 2023, it is important to pay attention not only to patterns and patterns, but also to color. This year, natural shades remain fashionable, as well as a game of contrast (black and white, beige and black, bright shades of red). When choosing the color of a fashionable laminate, you should be guided by the following tips:
- giving preference to light colors as a decor for interior surfaces, do not forget that they will make the room narrower and longer;
- the combination of a light floor and dark walls allows you to visually shorten the room;
- you can highlight the horizontal lines in the room by laying a light laminate, finishing the ceiling in a light tone, while the walls should be dark;
- when repairing hallways, experts recommend choosing doors and floors in the same color scheme;
- if you want to achieve the effect of a spacious room, then give preference to the floor and doors in light colors.
Now let’s take a closer look at the trendy colors of the laminate in 2023:
- White – laconic style and purity. Laminate in a light tone with an oak or maple structure allows you to visually expand the space, adding brightness to it. The white floor goes well with the green tones that may be present in the decoration of the premises.
- Gray is a versatile color suitable for rooms where you need to emphasize a neutral shade, but it is important to choose the right combination with other types of finishes. The best option for a combination are white and black surfaces. If you need to add coolness to the style of the room, then gray goes well with blue. An attractive effect will be obtained by combining gray and yellow, but the latter should be less in the interior (a separate curtain decoration, a small element of the sofa or wall decoration).
- Beige. The neutral color of the laminate can be easily combined with other tones, and its practicality should also be noted, since scratches, stains, and dust are not visible on it.
- A combination of red and orange. As decoration and decorative elements, you can select products and materials in yellow, brown and green.
- Brown is a warm shade that allows you to create a natural cozy atmosphere. The brown color of the laminate is suitable for country-style interiors, and also emphasizes furniture and textured finishes.
- Black is a combination of elegance and luxury. Preference is given to this color when designing modern interiors, while combining it with warm tones.
With the advent of the new year, fashion trends in the interior are changing. Among the current styles in 2023, designers note:
- Maximalism. As a floor covering, a laminate of standard geometry with a rich color is used – bright shades of red, deep brown. Making a color accent on the floor, it is important that it be bright and richly decorated.
- Eco – the use of natural materials, while the interior should be dominated by open space. When choosing a laminate for laying on the floor, preference should be given to collections that imitate a massive or parquet board as much as possible, both in color and in pattern.
- Vintage. For this style, a laminate in the form of an aged or bleached board in light shades is suitable – white, beige. At the same time, neutral and nude shades should be present in the room, emphasizing the conciseness of small details.
- Japandi. For interiors in this style, it is recommended to select laminated floors with the structure of natural materials and the corresponding color scheme. Shades should be as close to natural as possible to create a relaxing space.
- Industrial, loft, urban. The style is dominated by concrete textures, raw brick, plaster. Such trim elements are combined with a laminate in gray, white or beige.
When choosing a fashionable laminate for living space in 2023, you should pay attention to the fashion trends proposed by manufacturers. The correct selection of colors and shades of finishes, the combination of small details allows you to create the desired style and comfort zone, according to your own preferences.